Draft Board - Offense

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I thought we'd start a GoTitans Draft Board. Please list your top 15 players at each position with what round (or range of rounds) you think they SHOULD be drafted. If you have more or less than 15 for any position, put as many or as few down as you like. Please put an asterisk next to every player you've actually watched vs read about on a draft board. At the end, list who YOU think are the top 10 players in the draft.

QB
    1 Player Name, round you project, asterisk if you've watched him play

RB

WR

TE

OT

OG/OC

Top 10 Offensive players...

Gut

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Gut, I like your enthusiasm and all but who is going to have the motivation or time to bother trying to figure out the rankings of all these positions? Filling out both the offense and defensive lists just about covers every player that will be drafted.

3. Smudger

Smudger Starter

How about top 5 of each?

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Sure...put down your top 5 or top 10...whatever you like.

Gut

5. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

QB
    1. Sam Bradford, Top10 *
    2. Jimmy Clausen, Top10 *
    3. Colt McCoy, 1st *
    4. Tim Tebow, 1st *
    5. Tony Pike, 2nd - 3rd *

RB
    1. CJ Spiller, 1st *
    2. Jonathan Dwyer, 1st *
    3. Jahvid Best, 1st-2nd *
    4. Ryan Mathews, 1st-2nd
    5. Toby Gerhart, 2nd
    6. Joe McKnight, 2nd *
    7. Montario Hardesty 3rd *

WR
    1. Dez Bryant 1st *
    2. Arrelious Benn 1st *
    3. Dezmon Briscoe 1st - 2nd *
    4. Golden Tate 1st - 2nd *
    5. Damien Williams 1st - 2nd *
    6. Mardy Gilyard 2nd *
    7. Brandon LaFell 2nd *
    8. Demaryius Thomas 2nd - 3rd *
    9. Jordan Shiply 2nd - 4th *
    10. Mike Williams 2nd - 4th
    11. Eric Decker 3rd - 5th *

TE
    1. Jermaine Gresham 1st - 2nd *
    2. Aaron Hernandez 1st - 2nd *

OT
    1. Russell Okung, Top10 *
    2. Anthony Davis, Top20
    3. Brian Bulaga, 1st *
    4. Bruce Campbell, 1st
    5. Trent Williams, 1st - 2nd *

OG/OC

1. Mike Iupati, 1st - 2nd *
    2. Maurkice Pouncey, 2nd *
    3. Mike Johnson, 2nd - 3rd *
    4. Kris O'Dowd, 3rd *
    5. John Jerry, 3rd - 5th *

Top 10 Offensive players...
    1. Sam Bradford
    2. Jimmy Clausen
    3. Colt McCoy
    4. Dez Bryant
    5. Russell Okung
    6. CJ Spiller
    7. Anthony Davis
    8. Jermaine Gresham
    9. Arrelious Benn
    10. Tim Tebow

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Interesting...

You'd give 4 QB's including Tebow 1st rnd grades? I will be shocked if Tebow goes in rnd 1.

I think Dwyer will drop out of rnd 1. Option RB's tend to fall and his last outting could hurt him.

What about Jacoby Ford at WR (Clemson)?

Do you think Tebow will be an NFL QB and is a top 10 offensive player based on projecting him to the NFL? If yes, why do you think he will be successful as a QB in the NFL?

Thanks for putting up a list to get the discussion going:)

Gut

7. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

I see the problems with Tebow. But he is a great decision maker and thats the reason why most of the talented QBs fails in the nfl.
    Sure, he didnt play in a pro style offense and his throwing motion looks weird sometimes but he has a great work ethnic.
    Nevertheless I would give him a first round grade but I really see him going to the Jaguars.

And I dont understand why the experts dont give McCoy a 1st Round grade.
    He is a great leader (like Tebow), he is mobile (he has to bulk up if he wants to keep this playing style) and the most important part: He is deadly accurate.

Very, very fast, quick and agile. Looks like an ideal slot receiver to me.
    A very good deep threat.
    But he is really tiny. Never saw him returning but I know he had some kick and punt returns.

Its a feeling. I mean its obvious that he can be a big bust. But if he continues to work hard like he did in college he could really have a nice NFL-career.
    Plus he did a great step from his junior to his senior year. His throwing motion is still very raw but nothing compared to last year.
    This progression is the reason why I think he could have a future as a QB in the NFL.

8. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

What do you mean with "Dwyers last outting"?
    I mean, its absolutely supposable that he will fall out of the first round.
    But I think that the main reason would be that most of the teams have their franchise RBs.
    And the teams which need a rb (like the Browns) have bigger needs...

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Alex Smith was a high draft pick for the same reasons...coming from the same offense but he was a better thrower (no bad mechanics and no wasted motion). They thought his great intelligence and decisionmaking in the offense would make him more of a sure fire pick. Didn't work out that way.

I like Tebow's leadership and decision making...but his throwing motion is worse than a lot of High School QB's, he doesn't have good technique in dropping back with his feet, doesn't have a big time arm, and his throwing motion takes forever. I wouldn't draft him earlier than the 4th rnd and the Titans should NOT draft him.

McCoy built up his stats beating up teams that had no business trying to compete with Texas. He also throws a zillion passes 5yds or less and they get a lot of their yardage after the catch. You can't live on that in the NFL. They also take into account that Shipley is a VERY good WR and the guy usually open down the field. So their questions are, how accurate is he gonna be throwing the ball farther down the field and without a WR who's almost always wide open. He might be shorter than listed as well.

Gut

10. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

I am pretty sure he is. Nevertheless he is really accurate not only on short passes! To me accuracy is more important than arm strength.

About Tebow:
    Yeah, you are right, his footwork is poor and I wouldnt like to see the Titans drafting him because he is a high risk.
    Unless he falls in the fourth round... but I dont see that happen.
    But sometimes I get the feeling the draftexperts make him worse than he actually is! (On the other hand there was a huge hype about him which obviously doesnt fit with him as a NFL prospect).
    I am really looking forward to the senior bowl and his performace.
    Tebow is a very interessting "case"...

While were talking about QBs:
    The Titans could draft a young QB to develope into a backup for Vince Young. Who would be great in your opinion?
    If Snead would fall into the third oder fourth round I would like to see the Titans drafting him despite of having a horrible junior year (i stopped counting interception after a while...).
    He has the tools to be a NFL-QB!

Sean Canfield is a interessting prospect, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar