Draft Board - Defense

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Much like the other highly touted college corners this year (Lindley and Thompson), he didn't have a very good year and got beat a lot which is why he's already been dropped to 2nd round status by most people.

Let's see how he fares in the combine and see how athletic he really is. He's a good tackler, but we also need a guy who can really cover.

In fairness, Robinson also had discipline problems in that he was involved in an academic cheating scandal I believe.

If you're a first round CB in this draft....raise your hand....

:hmm:

Gut

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Exactly why I think we need to look elsewhere round 1 because I'm unsure of Haden and I think someone in need of a CB will reach for him since he seems to be the front runner at that position. DL/LB round 1 if those are still our main positions of need post FA.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Don't discount the possibility of an Earl Thomas to play S or CB or perhaps an OG like Lupati (though guess when the last time they took a OG in rnd 1 was).

Earl Thomas is gonna be a very interesting guy to watch for a lot of reasons!

Gut

4. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

@ gut:
    Dont get me wrong. Scott Wright do not represent my opinion!

I didnt see much of Thompson, so I cant make a established adjudgement about him.
    On the other hand I have the feeling that Robinson is an overrated player.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Forgot about Earl Thomas looked a bit less then stellar in the championship but his stats from the regular season are very impressive. He's very small for a S so a transition might be his best bet and then he could play S in a pinch.

6. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Alex Carrington DE from Arkansas State...is looking VERY VERY impressive in Senior Bowl practice right now...he is totally dominating everyone in 1 on 1's right now. Could be a steal in the 3rd-4th round.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I was watching him as well - impressive - and I've been waiting to see Austen Lane for some time, too. He's a guy I'd look at around the third as well. Might be a better guy to take than gambling on JPP, as well.

Of course, the way Brandon Graham has been practicing, I would be pretty happy to play it safe and draft "Baby Freeney" with pick 16/17. It's what I expect the Colts to do if he lasts until their pick.

A guy who is making himself money this week is Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St. Not worthy of the mid round, but I think an unquestioned 2nd rounder at this point, maybe a late first for the right team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Get out of my mind. ;)

I like Carrington and Lane a lot in round 3 assuming we don't take a DE round 1. Honestly if Derrick Morgan is gone and we don't think Hughes can be an every down 4-3 end then this is the DE I would take (Graham) before Hardy, JPP, Griffen, and so on. Kid is explosive and strong the only knock would be his short arms but he uses leverage better than any DE in the draft.

Thought maybe Wilson would be there at 3 but he is definitely out of reach with his performance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

brandon graham was down right unblockable today

10. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Yes he is. Did he return kicks in college? A returner is DEF. a NEED to be addressed in this draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar