Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

If your theory happens and we have zero options, then fine. However when was the last time a mock was right? There is always surprises come draft day.

If all the top qb/LT/DE's are gone then I can see taking whatever top talent left. But if one of those other positions make the slip.... No.

Generic? No. Just rule of thumb. Those are the most prominent positions. You don't have to make specific statements regarding those. It's a given who the top guys are. And I would pass on Carr.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Someone is going to make a trade with St. Louis, and that is likely to throw off everything.

3. Clark

But WR! ....

I actually really like Watkins. Would love to have him on this team but he just doesn't make sense at this time. Unfortunately we have our starting WRs and decent depth. All while lacking in the very important positions. If he's there, trade bait him

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would love Watkins also and would love for him to be a Titan. However, if we can't get a position worth the need at 11, I would prefer we trade down.

Still would not even mind taking him, I think he is going to be a good player.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/175601

The Daniel Jeremiah mock that people seem to be putting a lot of stock in. He has us taking Jake Matthews which would be great value and as i said i have no problem with it. But look at how he thinks the draft will go and no other Qbs coming off and no edge rushers for a while.

Is Louis nix worth an 11th pick? I don't think so.

No edge rushers left that are worth an 11th pick, hardly any even with a first down grade! No Qbs left worth an 11th pick hardly any with a first down grade. Mccarron or Boyd could be had in rd 2. An edge rusher like Michael Sams in rd 2. Quality ilb in rd 2.

If the draft goes according to how he has it but the Lions take Matthews 10th instead of Evans than Evans is the best player left on the board bar none.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I can't take a mock seriously that has the first QB going at 4 and that guy being Manziel.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's not a theory we know that Clowney and Barr are coming off the board in the top few picks and Mack will likely be gone by pick 10. There's your edge rushers. Early and Sams from Missouri represent 2 of the better guys left but they are late 1st rd or 2nd rd type prospects.

More than likely 3 Qbs are coming off in the top 9 picks because of need. If we like a particular QB like Boyd, Mccarron or Carr we should trade back and take him later not use the 11th pick on him.

OT as i said is a very viable position where we are picking with several high quality players to pick from. If only one OT is off the board when we have our pick of several guys with first rd grades.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would be MORE than fine with Mathews at 11, because that would likely fill the second most important position on offense in a few years. It might be a boring pick, but it would fill a huge need.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Clark

Regardless, if WR is the best on the board, you find a trade argent and accumulate picks to feel better needs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Clark

Exactly. If we land a top LT, I'm not going to complain. We have to fill that need, if one falls this year to us, you take em. Someone of worth will be there at 11 for us. And I highly doubt a WR will be the best thing on the board for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar