Draft a Team game: administrative issues

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by citizenthom, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Hey guys, and thanks for signing on for my crazy little idea. My hope is to have a tenth guy by this evening and get the draft started tomorrow afternoon. It would be good if everyone could send out their availability for the weekend to see if we can set up a chat; if we can knock out the first couple rounds live it will go a lot faster.

We've had a few questions pop up that we need to resolve before we get crackin'. We're at nine guys right now and will probably roll forward with 10, so a six-vote majority wins.

Here are the issues and my take on them. Feel free to explain your logic too when you vote, so everyone gets to read all sides.

1. Should we allow trades within the main draft?

My vote: NAY.

First of all, the plan is only to have as many rounds as we have roster spots (26). What happens if people get left with too few picks? Do they get to circle back at the end? That doesn't work very well. Second it would just be too hard to keep up with in the long run.

2. Should we allow rookies from the 2011 draft class to be drafted in the main draft?

The idea is to have people evaluate how teams would perform against each other based on on-the-field results. Current rookies have no on-the-field resumes, and people will just be relying on their guesses about how their skills translate.

I would like to have a supplemental draft where we pick rookies as additional players, personally.

3. In the Coaches' Draft, should we allow current head coaches to be "demoted" to coordinators?

I think it opens the door to God-modding teams a little too much.

4. In the Coaches' Draft, should we allow retired coaches and/or TV analysts to be drafted?

5. In the Coaches' Draft, should we allow college and UFL coaches to be drafted?

My vote: YAY.

6. Should the Coaches' Draft be before or after the players' draft?

My vote: after. Guys may end up with very different teams than they expect and may want to get different coaches to match.

Looking forward to the fun times!

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

how about a tournament style for voting after the draft for who has the best team?

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I vote No to trades, but the rest - I really don't care enough to have a strong opinion. I'll go with whatever rules are set.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think the best way to do it is to not do any of those things. The only one that I think might be good is to allow rookies.

5. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I was actually thinking a round-robin if there's enough interest. That way we see whose strengths and weaknesses win/lose different games on paper. But tourney-style might be quicker and easier.

6. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

No

Yes.
    If someone wants to draft a rookie they should have that freedom, at the end of the day its their team to make great or to ruin.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.Before.

7. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Last question's not yes or no, Ed. :p

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

No

No

Yes

Yes. But only after all HC jobs are filled

Yes.

Yes

Before. A coach fits his system to his player not the other way around

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

1.No... 2.Yes... 3.No... 4.Yes... 5.Yes... 6.Before

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Yes. While more complicated, this would also add another huge element for all of us to deal with though I could understand that it would be time consuming (so most wouldnt trade much anyway).

Absolutely YES! While it is true we don't know how any of them will play, I could make the same argument for many players available in free agency whom we don't have any clue how well they will or not play. Will McNabb return to Pro Bowl form or is he now a backup QB?

People will be making the same who-knows judgements on some established vets too.

Yes. Many coaches get demoted from Head Coach and that doesn't always mean a bad thing. Look at a Dick Lebeau. Plus, several of the 'free' coaches are simply waiting for next year to return.

Yes. We know many of them will return next year anyway.

Yes.

After. The Coaches draft will be short and not too involved. I think the main gist of this was to draft a team, not a coaching staff.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar