Downing Replacement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I actually thought about his name earlier today and was gonna make a joke about him being better than downing even if dead. I have no idea on his living abilities.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I’ve not read anything about the level of Schwartz’s involvement. If you have, please share the source. Otherwise, it’s just speculation.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. TitanJeff

Again, you have no clue as the overall involvement of Schwartz—especially that he “told Bowen what to do”.

That’s Vrabel’s job. His coordinators do his bidding. He didn’t even formally call Bowen his DC last season.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TitanJeff

Vague as most things that come out of Vrabel’s mouth.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. KyTitansFan

Funny how the defense looked totally different this year then. We constantly ran 4 man fronts and did the same pass rush stunts we did when Fisher was head coach. Even the wide 9. Guess it was just a coincidence that Schwartz is hired and then we start running his defense….

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

screw your level headed pragmatism!

LOL

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. TitanJeff

Yes. He was clearly brought in because of his knowledge and experience. Incorporating some of that into the defensive scheme is far from him telling Bowen what to do.

That’s why I don’t think it’s crazy to think Vrabel might consider bringing in someone to help with the offense without firing Downing.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What does that say about Vrabel if he has to bring in someone to help out the DC/OC? Why not just hire someone who doesn't need to be held by the hand.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. KyTitansFan

Exactly. @TitanJeff is making no sense. I guess we need two head coaches and two GM’s too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar