Downing Replacement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But the interesting question as someone else brought up in another thread, did Vrabel bring in Schwartz or did it come from above?

Afaik neither Robinson or Vrabel have a prior connection with Schwartz but ownership has a strong connection. It could just be a coincidence.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's very GoT like...drops BS, Troll, Boring ratings with nothing meaningful to add

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I know we are going to just keep Downing and maybe he grows into the role as a playcaller but I seriously doubt that's going to happen. While I think the OC position is a bit overratted in how an offense perform and we would probably look better with less injuries and more continuity along the OL but this kinda feels like the ceiling.

We need to start transitioning from this offensive core and I think it starts with a new OC and drafting a QB to develop behind Tannehill.

David Culley would be a good replacement for Downing. If we're rebooting the offensive coaching anyway bring in Munchek while you're at it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I’d be interested in Mike McDaniel or Bobby Slowik

also wouldn’t be opposed to Tim Kelly.
    I’m realizing my bar isn’t super high. Downing is just so bad.

#34 Tricky, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I would be calling someone from the 49ers staff if we want to be a running team.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. KyTitansFan

San Francisco 49ers

Don’t think he gets to call plays. Bring him in and let him take over.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Finnebosch

Klint Kubiak wouldnt be a bad choice either.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. KyTitansFan

Why are all of you saying David Culley now? A 66 year old that’s never been an offensive coordinator in the NFL? A guy who’s only experience as an offensive coordinator was one year at Texas El Paso in 1989? I swear I don’t know where you all come up with some of these ideas.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Finnebosch

I like that he coached multiple position groups in the NFL and has had successes at multiple positions. I also like that he comes from the Andy Reid coaching tree and the fact that he isnt a hot, young up and coming OC is nice to me. I would like to keep an OC for more then a season at a time.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. KyTitansFan

You don’t hire a guy that’s 66 that’s never been an offensive coordinator. Sorry. After that many seasons in the NFL and no one ever thought you could be coordinator should be concerning.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar