Double plays & audibles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

3500-yards would be a great season for any Titans QB, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Any QB will tell you that the goal is to only have to throw for ~225-yards, when you see guys throwing for 300-400 yards its because they have to.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Like I've said all week, I'm really holding no merit on anything we see until week one. I think preseason is too long as it is, nobody is showing what they have on games that don't matter. I'm still excited and think Locker has a solid season and surprises a lot of people.

3. JCBRAVE

Well we still get to see Jake making his pre-snap reads, thats something that stays the same even in preseason.

Last year lots of people criticized his ability to read the defense. We also get to see our new playbook (to a degree)

Preseason is cool if youre really into your team

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Or watching for Fantasy scouting.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

This is a good breakdown btw. Good work and nice to see the time spent in it. Yeah only seven plays but still.

"Double plays" will be this years "option routes" in terms of discussion.

Regardless, I like this idea. In reality, they are probably also giving him the option to check into a run play anytime he counts up the front. So it's like 2 pass plays, plus a run play that's installed into every formation.

Ah... Can we please have some success this year Jake? I need you to prove these doubters wrong man. Read these defenses, check into the right calls, play a management game and take your shots when they are given.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I will admit that Palmer's option routes were difficult for the WRs and Jake. That type of offensive strategy must require that the WR and QB are on the same page by reading the defense. That is difficult for a 2nd QB and average at best WR to grasp. Hence the reason Palmer was gone after 5 games.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Hey I like Locker. I just like Brandon Weeden more.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I believe the way the Titans are built currently, the QB having a whole lot of passing yards would likely just mean we were down big in games a lot and had to abandon the running game and sling it around to try to catch up. That would suck.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

So the double plays will always be a pass/run audibles? Or can they be check out of one run and into another? If we are 3rd and 24, can he audible into the punt team? I'm kidding of course but the first part of the question is serious. The reason why I am asking is if teams know that we use "Double Plays" the defense can somewhat predict what kind of play is being audibled into. If we are in a power run formation, and he audibles, wouldn't it be easy for the defense to just simply adjust to a passing play ? The only thing I can see is there being the double play AND the normal audibles.

10. JCBRAVE

Every NFL team has their own way of calling in plays, most teams do this same thing, so defenses are used to it, thats why defenses dont show their intentions til after the players on offense are set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar