Dontay Moch??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

He won't run a 4.2 in Indy, guaranteed. Plus, it's all about game speed, not gym shorts speed. When you watch him play, he's definitely not that fast. He's undersized for the DE, or even OLB in the 3-4 IMO, but he could fit in at OLB in the 4-3. Speed used to be underrated for 4-3 LB, but players like Jamar Chaney are shifting that thought process.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If he runs a 4.2, I run a 4.3 easy.

Doubtful. And he didn't look very impressive in this video. Probably a great athlete, just not much of a football player.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Trade up to #1 and draft him now!

Duece doesn't like him so you know he will be a great pick!

I was the first person to talk about this guy and his speed is legit. Maybe not 4.2 but what if he runs a 4.38? That still puts him ahead of any linebacker. He reportly ran a 4.28 at Nevada and when asked if he could do that again he ran a 4.19. The numbers seem too good to be true but compare his speed to Von Miller and other linebackers.

There is an issue of his size. Some sites list him as large as 6'2 245(Robert Mathis size) while other sites list him as small as 6'1 229. Certainly big enough to play OLB in our system and certainly elite speed.

I would respect criticism of this guy if it was knowledgeable. Moch played DE in a 4-3 not 3-4 and he was a very productive player there averaging 9 sacks a season over the last 3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gtsE4RxIt4

Great video(yes i know it was already posted) of interest to all titan fans. Moch vs missouri and Gabbert. Shows Moch putting some serious pressure on Gabbert causing a dumb int. His pursuit down the line is outstanding as you might expect.

4. Deuce Wayne

Stop being ridiculous because I've made you mad.

My track record speaks for itself. If we drafted with MY picks/opinions we would have been 10x's better looking back.

But ignore that I'm right about draft picks 80% of the time. Because I upset you on here... grow up, kid.

btw: He's not running a 4.3 either. No chance.

He'll probably run a mid 4.5. Which is what I can personally run and would be crazy for someone his size... but 4.2-4.4 range? lol... no.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Your track record blows and the few times you and i have agreed on anything was when i was wrong like with CJ. You bashed the 3 best Rbs from the 2008 draft. CJ, Mendenhall and Rice. You bashed them all.

Your favorite QBs in this draft are guys who might be as good as Rusty smith. the QBs you hate are guys who will actually play for somebody.

Actually it is not crazy for an OLB to run a 4.50 we have a couple of guys who can do that on our team and by saying 4.5 is crazy fast for a guy that size and position just makes your analysis look dumb because this guy is faster than that!

You can't even articulate the difference between a 4.5 and a 4.2. What if this guy runs a 4.35 you going to want him then?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Speed has always been and always will be a major consideration when drafting OLBs in the 4-3. Not sure what is remarkable about Chaney's 4.54 it is good but Bulluck ran a 4.47 and Earnie Mills ran a 4.50. We have a guy on the bench who ran a 4.51 and Mcgrath has that type of speed.

Being fast does not automatically make a guy good but it is something you can't teach or coach. You can coach other things.

The best half dozen 4-3 OLBs in this league are not guys with slow times speed.

7. 24

24 Starter

If I remember correctly, Chaney ran the fastest 40 time of all the LBs last year. He fell in the draft due to injury concerns. And, it makes me happy to know you can look up 40 times on Google, but you're not getting my point. Scouts place a premium on instincts when evaluating LBs, acting as opposed to reacting. Speed was always considered secondary. When you have someone with both instincts and speed though, you get someone special.

8. Deuce Wayne

You're awesome at making things up, aren't you??

I bashed the PICK of CJ... not CJ. I NEVER bashed CJ as a player coming in. I said it was a reach. It clearly was, as we could have drafted him a round later.

So don't try to lump me in with your terrible opinions. I'm 80% (literally... look through and count it). You're batting 0 on this upcoming draft alone. Bank on it.

Great. We have guys that can run 4.5.... now show me the DE that runs a 4.2....4.3... 4.4...

Yeah. Shut up.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

You would have a good point if this were the case. Chargers and Colts were looking at him a few picks later. No way the guy makes it another 32 picks.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The problem with Duece's analysis is that there is nothing analytical about it. You see it here about this player Moch. His whole opinion on Moch is that he really isn't as fast as advertised. That's it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/fee...story/sn-nfl-rookie-of-the-year-ndamukong-suh

This is the sporting News all rookie team. All three players i touted last year are on that team. Carlos Dunlap, Earl Thomas and Lavarr Houston. Duece bashed 2 of those players.

Earl Thomas according to Duece was too slow and too soft to be a good NFL player. Never mind that he is already close to an elite cover safety and had 5 ints.

Duece said that Carlos Dunlap was stupid and lazy and also not a good prospect. Can you say 0-2?

What about Duece's boy from last year Brandon Graham? Dunlap had 10 sacks in half a season of play Graham had 3 sacks and 13 tackles. You decide who was right.

Finally how can you do a proper evaluation on players when you have major prejudices and bias? He hates the sec and most sec players and love the big ten and most big ten players. He apparently doesn't like athletic black QBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar