Don't stop believing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jdog, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

We all know it is not the greatest start for the Titans but I would like to point out that it is too soon to give up. I want to remind everyone that Dallas, New England and more recently the Giants have started 0-2 and won the Super Bowl.
    These other team were also good teams ,made mistakes early and corrected the weaknesses, like a crappy secondary.
    I want to believe the Titans will peak at the right time. Either way I have this large amount of money I am getting from an unknown Nigerian relative and may buy the team.
    Seriously they are a good team and it's been done before with a bad start.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5wVZwdHmRY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5wVZwdHmRY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I don't think everyone is crying foul on the rest of our season. They are just pissed that we have been playing so crappy with the team that we have. A defense with 10 of the 11 returning starters should have already gelled and should be playing way better than they have been.

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

The losses don't really bother me... the 0-2 record. What bothers me is the fashion we have lost in.

Special Teams and Defense. Those two are supposed to be our bread & butter...

THAT's my concern.

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

We were the better team in both games. It was evident that the losses were due to mental mistakes or just plain stupidity. The special teams mistakes in the first game really cost the team. The three secondary blunders lost the game. You fix 5 or 6 plays and the team is 2-0. I'm not worried. Now, if they go 0-3 I might start getting a little worried. Even then, I will still believe they are a playoff team, but their road will be very difficult.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I should make a thread about this find, but it's still appropriate here.
    This should hopefully settle some of the doubts about starting 0-2 (I even had my doubts initially).
    http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#8
    About 2/3 of the way down:

7. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

That's the kind of hope I need right now.

Regardles of it only being week 3, this Jets game will make or break our season.

It's time to put up or shut up against a solid team.

A win does wonders for our ego, the coaching staff, etc..

A loss drops us to 0-3 against the AFC and is a hole no team has ever made the playoff from i believe.

8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

3 wildcard teams San Diego 93, Lions 0-4 start in 95 and Buffalo 98 but none went on to win the divisional playoff.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]Cletus - "I'z aint worried bout tis slow start. We bounce back from it like this fat kid falling from the top shelf of the frigerator.
    [​IMG]

10. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Sorry to be so picky but that is pronounced "Frigedare", not "Frigerator".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar