Don't re-sign Haynesworth.. yet.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The only problem with your logic is none of thsoe guys will be signed for significantly less. Other than that part I agree.

2. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

we might find out if we franchise tag AH, if pacman was right during the argument with AH...that AH is playing for money....cuz if he gets mad that might be absolutly true. if AH wasnt selfish or playing for money he would realize that his career was based on one season and to give a guy a load of money because of one season is not a act of logic..
    so basically it makes the most sense to tag him
    1. if he gets mad, he was playing for money this year.(maybe not true but it points to that direction)
    2. he needs to produce more than one year for him to get a big contract.

we will see his true character after the season is over

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really like your analysis and think it's pretty much dead on.

However, personally, if it were up to me, and the above scenario arose, I would be very tempted to take the deal.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

1. They're all playing for money...
    2. One year of producing is more than you need to get a big contract,
    the top picks in every draft get big money just on potential...

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:truedat:

Albert is going to get his money. Thank goodness we won't be paying for a top 6 draft pick this year.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Top draft picks get money on potential ...

Top FA get money on prior preformance.

You set a presadence you can easily get yourself over looked. Why was Ricky Williams begging the Fins to take him back? Why did T Henry only really get looked at by the Broncos?

7. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

1. you know exactly what im talking about when they play for money...
    the way where the player sucks until his contract year. im not saying AH is doing that but we will see during the off season where his character stands
    everyone and their mother knows he wasnt the player years past as to what he was this year...and if he doesnt understand that then theres an issue..but if hes going to play the folowing years like he did this year pay his butt

8. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

We don't need to pinch pennies when premier players are involved - we dont have other premier players in need of that money. So we have the money. Lock him down so we can be contenders for the next several years. It could not be more clear how big a difference he makes for our defense, easily as much as any 3 other players who would upgrade other positions. Pay the man now, and pay him more than any DT in football.

9. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Sign him yesterday then go out and find his twin to play along side him

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Makes perfect sense if your living in a vaccum and not in a free market situation. Sure we can franchise him but the probability of AH staying here past next year drops significantly.

As far as AH needing to understand or there is an issue tell us what that issue is? AH is a 6'5, 330 pound DT who is one of the best DTs in the league and is expecting to get paid like one. IMO AH doesn't need to understand anything. Teams will be knocking down the door to get this guy on their team. If the Titans really question his character then my suggestion would be to franchise AH and trade him for the best deal we can get. I simply don't get where this idea of playing some kind of game comes in? If I'm AH I don't feel I have to prove anything. My attitude would be "screw you if you have an issue with my character. I'll play where I'm appreciated." I'd be all in favor of franchising him if we were on the cusp of a SB appearence but we have CAP money, AH is young, lock the guy up. We could draft DTs for the next 30 years and not get a guy who is as good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar