Don't mean to tarnish the "chosen one", but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sukrillux, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Does anyone else notice that Reynaldo Hill never looks back for the ball when playing coverage? He keeps his eyes on the WR and never looks away. Pacman and even Finnegan look back and try to swat the ball away before the WR can even attempt to bring it in, but Hill doesn't. His awareness issues cost the Titans a Jags TD in the last part of the game. Pacman had deflected a pass to the same WR (Jones) a few plays before. Then the Jags put Jones on the other side and pretty much ran a mirrored play leaving Hill to defend Jones. I just noticed that about 4 games back. When Finnegan started against the Eagles, he had some nice drive killing deflections. Anyone else think that Finnegan and Hill should switch positions on the depth chart?

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yup. It's a crippling bad habit on his part, and part of the reason he allows so many long grabs, because he's certainly a good coverage CB, but he almost NEVER looks back at the QB.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Finnegan should be one of our starting CBs. He is way to good to not have out there IMO.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the ONLY reason i can think of as to why finnegan doesnt start is he is a better nickle guy than hill. he is a lot more aggressive and tackles much better. nickle is a like a mini linebacker sometimes, and hill has none of that in him.

of course, finnegan could always move back inside on three WR sets.

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

LOL... I just posted this..

He is 174th in the league in PD... That's pathetic. Even LT has more than that. The guy just doesnt have any ball skills. The reason he was drafted in the 7th round.

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

What would be the point of him looking back? It is almost impossible to make a play on the ball when you are trailing the WR by 5 yards.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

his ball skills are terrible, when the ball is in the air- he doesn't know it leading to big catches by the WR...

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

actually he coverage skills have been pretty good the past 2 or 3 games, he is always with the WR, but its all for naught because he doesn't know the ball is in the air...

9. Nine

Nine Starter

It's also hard to make a play on the ball when you have no idea it's even there.

I have no problem with Reynaldo's cover skills, but watch him...he has no clue where the ball is until it's actually in the receiver's hands.

If I was an opposing QB, every time I read man coverage, I'd go straight at Reynaldo.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not to compare, but Pacmans stop of Matt Jones touchdown he wasn't looking was he? I know it is a different situation.

Also can not looking make a CB prone to Pass Interference? Which I notice we don't seem to get a lot off from anyone.

Regardless I too noticed he doesn't look and it doesn't make much sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar