Don’t expect Titans to use tag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I considered him # 2 this year really. AV was our # 1 guy! Can't deny that

2. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Verner is a goner in my opinion, I would love to sign the guy for the right price because i believe his best years are still ahead of him but his agent is gonna push him right into FA and he's not going to look back. Its unfortunate because players like him i feel should bend a bit with the organization that took a chance on them and put them on the NFL map. I understand its a business but lets be honest here, loyalty almost doesn't exist anymore not just in the NFL but in any sport. Now if the team offers him peanuts then thats a different story but more often then not these players get realistic offers and thats when the greed takes over. Once a Team says " we'll let him test the market and see what his value is " 99% of the time his playing days are over with that team.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I looked over every cornerback salary in the NFL a few weeks ago, and I don't remember seeing any number two CB making as much as what I expect Verner to want. He can go to free agency and become rich this March. Verner is a classy kid tho, so a home town discount could possibly happen.

Titans seem perfectly ok giving out $4M dollars a year to anyone who asks for it, so if he's willing to sacrifice his guaranteed retirement out of loyalty, we'll then lucky us!

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Currently how is he our # 2 corner? He made the pro bowl, has Jmac ever done that? I don't remember him doing that at all. I think Jmac is also way overpaid and he is our # 2 where ATV is our # 1 guy.

Today no player plays out of loyalty because there is no loyalty shown back to players from ownership.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. JCBRAVE

Well when he's listed as the No.2 CB that typically means he's the No. 2 CB

6. JCBRAVE

We'll should we totally throw out Verners comments - "it's not all about the money"

??

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

he is just saying what he should say to the media but given the opportunity to make more money he will go just like everyone else does. Would you not do the same thing?

8. JCBRAVE

So far all he's said is he will test the market, he wants to be back as a Titan, and that money isn't everything to him. 2 of his comments makes me believe he will try to remain a Titan, but in the end I believe we lose him with an insulting offer. But if he ends up staying it's totally out of loyalty.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Agents are in the ear of these guys telling them what their value is. Haynesworth was looking to be the highest-paid DT in the history of the NFL and the Titans put an offer out there that would have done that. He didn't take it and thank gawd he didn't.

I would not classify either McCourty and Griffin as having "huge" deals. Both are top 15 starters in their position. Finding top 15 players available are not easy and they are expensive. The problem with the Titans as a team is not enough top 15 players are on the roster.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Yes,means nothing in this day and age in the sports world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar