Dolphins Edge Titans 13-10

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Another fact is with those two duds in Lamont and Reynaldo, we held Daunte to his lowest passing day this season even against good defenses like Buffalo (and a 93 QB rating) and Pittsburgh.

2. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

BTW:
    The Dolphins announced a sellout crowd of 72,733, but there were at least 20,000 no-shows.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Scaife fumbles on the 2. Pac has a TD called back because of an idiot wearing a Titans uniform.

That is 14 points we had in our hands...10 at the worst [if we were stoned at the goal line at least].

The overthrows and such are maybe plays. We left 10-14 points on the field and should have beat that team easily.

That is what frustrates the crap out of me...not winning the games we should.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

whoever held on that punt return should be cut, i saw the replay, and it wouldnt have even affected the outcome of the play, it was on the opposite side of the field, and kinney fumbling on the 2 is just another reason why ben troupe should be the starting TE, another problem i thought was in the 3rd and 4th, they went away from the run game, and when white got put in the game in the 4th, i dont think he even got a carry
    as for the defense, i thought theyu hit very hard, but missed several key tackles that led to scoring drives for miami, they stopped the run well accept for the one 27 yard carry by brown, so i think were making progress

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It was Scaife who fumbled.

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Good post, Bamaron.

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Here's a list of plays or sequences that killed our chances, good or bad:

1. Collins missing Bennett on 4, count 'em 4 occasions, including 3 where he was behind the CB and if hit in stride he scores on all 3 occasions.
    2. Scaife's fumble at the 2 that could've put us up 14-3. A real backbreaker, especially after a recovered fumble on a punt...
    3. Ganther's penalty on Pac's return. Pac had the TD, no need in pushing ANYONE in the back, you know it'll be a penalty!!!! Same thing happened last year vs. Oakland when Williams got called for pushing a player OOB on the opposite side of the play. Two of the worst plays I've seen in my life...
    4. Thompson's futile attempt at tackling Chris Chambers. Instead of a punt, the Dolphins got a scoring opp out of it.
    5. Givens sliding in the 4th after a reception, again a poor throw by Collins. If he catches it in the numbers, he may be gone...
    6. The Titans' D standing around while a Culpepper fumble was laying on the ground for anyone to have. It has less of an impact, but you know the result...
    7 and beyond: Fisher and Schwartz, and maybe Lowry for putting a rookie in on a punt return...

Finally, on a side note, the Thornton penalty was pure BS. Culpepper was looking downfield the whole way, he was prime rib, he didn't slide and DT jumped while he was still inbounds. Pure BS. Five yards and a 1st I would've lived with, but those refs blew that call

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

OK, you saw the replay, and you still call it a hold? Ganther pushed the guy in the back, that wasn't a hold. But you're right, that play would have 0 impact on the result. Refs are so horrible now it's ridiculous. They must have a quota of flags they need to throw or something. A penalty should only be called if it would've had an effect on the play. Too bad you can't challenge a flag...

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually block in the back should be called everytime, it's a matter of health. Block in the back is, believe it or not, one of more dangerous things you can do to an opponent. Holding is an entirely different issue though.

Likewise I'm sure you're not arguing that yanking someone's facemask is ok, as long as it has no effect on the play.

10. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I'm as frustrated as everyone else but I believe we are getting better, we could have won the Jets game even though we had the worst QB performance I ever saw( until the SD game). We should have won the Fins game even with the mistakes. The Jets are 2-1 and Miami had the Steelers beat but got killed by a bad call. I know Collins played better against Miami and don't think you can put the loss on him. We made a lot of mistakes but several areas were much better, the run game, the defense except for Hill and Thompson, the Ol, and Chow's play calling. It's going to be a tough year but reality is we all knew that, the 1st 6 weeks of the schedule is brutal most assumed we would be 1-5. We need to sit some players like Thopson. Hill, Pillar and play hard we still have a chance to win some games. I believe VY will start after the bye week and Titan football will be exciting again! It will get better quicker than we think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar