Dolphins agree to terms with Jake Long

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think they'll live to regret passing up Dorsey.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think long will be better than ferguson has been for the jets and if he eventually moves to RT or guard he will make the pro bowl at those positions. He was the safest pick but i still think they should have gone for ryan the franchise QB there..

3. I don't think anyone is convinced that Ryan is a franchise-type QB worth the #1 pick. Plus, they are assured of being able to get a good QB at the top of the 2nd.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The rumour now is that the Dolphins are looking to move back into the 1st to guarantee themselves Flacco.

I agree Long is a solid pick. He is certainly more aggresive than Ferguson. Worst case, he is a STUD RT. Best case, he is a very good LT.

With the Dolphins moving to a 3-4, none of the defensive players worthy of the top pick (Dorsey, Chris Long) were a perfect fit.

The Rams will almost certainly take Chris Long in my view now.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Dorsey was the most dominant player in this draft and around 320 lbs. How is he not a good fit for a 3-4?

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Dorsey is closer to 300 than 320 and is a penetrating DT not one to occupy blockers.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dorsey is like warren sapp..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar