Does PacMan play for the Titans next year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanFanBudMan, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vince Young.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

we have enough RB's

3. pacman will be with detroit

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

YES..wait, i mean no.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

LenDale and an undeveloped Chris Henry .... or am I missing something on this?

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I really couldn't agree with you more. I'm at the point where I hope he gets dealt. I accept it as inevitable that he will find more trouble so I don't see the use in keeping a time bomb like that around. I really think he's a waste of talent though. He's so physically gifted yet so thick headed. I'll miss his skills but I won't miss him or all the negative attention he brings.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

A) Honestly, I think he will be back. My first impression from Goodell was that Pac would need to earn his way back, which he clearly did not do, but in the most recent comments from the league all he had to do was stay out of troube, which he appears technically to have done. At that point, he may resume with the team workouts. They seemed to have a much more flexible stance at his leanency hearing.

B) The Titans I believe will allow him to come back. First, Fisher was closed mouthed about his troubles with Haynesworth, and thus, he protected both players. That says a lot. He could have totally cut ties with Pac Man at that point, but he did not, the team protected him. I think he's coming back. And finally, if the titans really look themselves in the mirror, they will realize that pac man's transgressions are for the most part unfounded, and any man looking at the big picture couldn't logically nail the door shut. While many inferences can be made, and are probably true, there is very little substantiating them. I think the Titans will almost be forced to look past the list and allow him back. It's pretty much the human thing to do. So it makes sense. And the team needs him, which makes it even easier.

C) Goodell made his point. I don't think he will need, or feel pressure to take it even further. He basically has already gone too far, as his penalty was stiff, and so naturallly I think he will need to let up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar