Does NBA Management Fix Games?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by vslyke, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Public poll.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I of course say yes. We already have proof with Donaghy. But they only try to handi-cap teams and make it tougher for them to win. So it's nothing extreme.

It's a huge business. With business comes strategy to increase wealth. Anyone that thinks they don't try to allow certain players to get away with more, put superstars in big games, etc, is pretty naive.

3. vslyke

Let me get this straight. Are you saying David Stern and Co. fix games, or individual refs fix games?

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Both. Stern knows refs fix games. Stern admits to "allowing" the rules to be broken for superstars, so why wouldn't he break rules himself FOR those superstars?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

6. vslyke

Still, some of those games are brutal. Look at Game 6 of the 02 Western Finals. I find it hard to believe something could just happen in a pivotal game of a playoff to let the Lakers into the Finals.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No doubt refs have bad days, and I am not discounting the Referees possibly fixing games, but the NBA doesn't.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

To me, Donaghy was an oddball, a crack in the NBA's System. I think the NBA fixes games to create better matchups and increase ratings for 1 reason and 1 reason only, money. I think donaghy was just a Ref that wanted to make something on the side, a sort of black market business.

My theory is, Refs are on the bottom of the totem poll, they are the pawns of the NBA. Former refs have even said they're selves that when they were reffing in the NBA, before every game a Senior Executive of the NBA, would come into the lockerroom, and brief the team of refs on what to look for, what they don't want to see, and what they do want to see. "Watch this guy" "Pay attention to that" "call this" or "call that".

It's all so sketchy. Sports is at an All time low with the shady business that is going around. Baseball is infested with cheaters, Football is a league of thugs, and Basketball seems more and more every day that its a fixed system.

I don't want to believe if, but at the same time, It's hard not to :/

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

If the nba fixes games why have the spurs won 4 championships. Why have their been no marquee teams in the finals since the lakers 4 years ago. What you guys are implying is that the spurs are probably the greatest team in the history of sports. They have the league working against them and they still have won 4 championships in 10 years. This is the first year in a few years the league has actually gotten the matchup they want and now it's a conspiracy. Most everyone on this board agrees the lakers were the best in the west and the celtics were the best in the east so how was their a need for fixing this year. Yes refs are terrible sometimes but if you watch pre-season games they're terrible also and surely they're not fixing those games.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Nothing is fixed. Give me a break. If anything, it's been the exact opposite.

Would Olajuwon have beaten the Knicks? No.
    Would Olajuwon have beaten Shaq and Penny? No.
    Would Orlando have beaten Jordan? No.
    Would San Antonio have beaten Lebron? No.
    Would Detroit have beaten the Lakers? No.
    Would Boston have beaten Lebron? No.
    Would Greg Oden have gone to Portland? No.
    Would Lebron James have gone to Cleveland? No.
    Would Yao Ming have gone to Houston? No.
    Would Shaq have gone to Orlando? No.
    Would the Pacers be allowed in the playoffs? No.

It's nonsense.

The NBA is trying to officiate games in a way to get the public off their back. There is nothing wrong with that. It means they are trying to make corrections. Sometimes they get stupid and go to far like they did with Yao Ming.

If the NBA had been fixing games, none of the things listed above would have happened. Plain and simple. The evidence is overwhelming. Wouldn't you think Barkely, Ewing, Garnett would have won titles already if there was fixing, yes. But they didn't. And Would Kobe have like 8 titles by now. But he doesn't.

The league wants these matchups. I have no doubt. Heck, I do too. And I hope they root for the big matchups. Frankly, they are more entertaining. But there are too many examples or marketless teams making the finals and winning the finals for the nba to have fixed the games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar