Does Fitzy for Hass still make sense if we don't sign another free agent?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Who says we won't spend the savings?

2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I think it's worth it (Fitz) but I feel like this team although we're getting better we are really lacking leadership on both sides of the ball. I dont see any of these new vets with the sack to really lead the way. Hass was a combo of no nonsense and humor plus super bowl experience, which made him a good leader.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, but if Locker sucks, Munch is gone (most likely) which means a new HC and probably will want his own QB

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

yea but just ride it out with Locker then, we have a chance of getting some trade bait. Because every team in the NFL knows what Fitz is.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Not saying we won't. Just asking fellow Titans fans if it's the right move if we don't spend those savings.

6. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I say no.

Simply you regress, remain the same, or progress with each release and/or signing. I dont mean to appear to call him talentless, but, Hasselbeck was undoubtedly better. The Titans definitely took a stop back.

The only upgrade of this deal is age and slightly cap space.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Lol, I get what you're saying, but it still kinda doesn't make sense.

Fitz is an upgrade and he could potentially win games. It's a good move if we got him for less than the guy he's replacing. We'll be stronger at the position this way.

So, whether we add anyone else or not after this, we got better.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

That's subjective though.. A lot of people around the league seem to think it's a downgrade talent wise

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not. Hass has a noodle arm right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Fitz seriously has just as bad an arm as MH did, and MH is old. It was the right move 100%, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar