Does anyone still want Vince Young as a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Nov 21, 2010.

?
  1. Yes, I want Vince on the Titans

63 vote(s)
    46.0%
  2. No, I want Vince released or traded

74 vote(s)
    54.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That doesn't matter.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I am one of a few folks on here who was disappointed when the Titans drafted him to start with. My position on Young has never changed since he became a Titan. I didn't want him then and I don't want him now. :yes:

flame away..It won't be the first time :ha:

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I'm not saying that VY is better than Vick or as good. I'm just saying that circumstances lead to fewer attempts. You can only compare players based on percentages.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If the coaching staff thought Vince Young could be an elite passer, they would call more passing plays.

They don't.

Instead, they call a few high-percentage passing plays and it inflates Young's passer rating. I agree that he is having a good season as a passer, but he is far from an elite quarterback.

5. Jessica

Jessica Starter

Yes. He still has the ability. But at the same time, I can understand the other side of the argument because you just can't keep making excuses for this guy as if he's 5 years old. "It's okay, sweetie, there will be bad games." Fact is, he should know that by now. He's GOT to learn that. However, whether you want to admit it or not, it's obvious Fisher never liked the guy. If it weren't for Adams we never would have picked him. And I'm sure the fact that your coach has never fully supported you doesn't help with overcoming any maturity issues. Also, the fact that Fisher said Young lost his job today, "injury or not," is just ridiculous. Does Rusty Smith really give us a better chance to win? I don't have anything against him, but he's a rookie nevertheless. But then again, I don't know what comment Vince made to Fish at the end of the game, either. I think whatever decision we make regarding this issue, especially this game in particular, is going to be a bit uninformed.

In reality though, whether you like Vince or not, what are the other options at quarterback right now? We won't finish with a bad enough record this year to get a great draft pick, so what would we be left with? Even if we DO get a quarterback in the draft, we'd most likely be stuck in the same situation we were with in '05 with benching him a year to learn the offense and whatnot. On top of that, what veteran winning quarterbacks will be up for grabs at the end of the year? Besides, possibly, Kolb.

In the end, for me at least, this really freakin sucks, whatever way I look at it. There's something about Vince that's stolen my heart from the start, and I've normally stuck with him even when he's looked like straight shat. But now I don't really know what to think. He's always been my baby, but right now it seems like that's all he is on the field too.

EDIT: hmm....

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20101121/SPORTS01/101121013

"As Fisher gathered the team, Young uttered expletives under his breath as he was getting dressed, according to the source.

Young then headed for the locker room door. Fisher told him not to walk out on his teammates. Young responded that he was not walking out on his teammates, but was walking out on Fisher, according to the source.

Young and Fisher exchanged more words as the quarterback went out the door, the source said"

...doesn't sound good.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I hope I wake up tomorrow and he is cut. It was shameful the way he acted today.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I don't assume anything. I saw some of the things I pointed out for myself. I was at the game, were you?

Your Fisher hate is beyond madening.

8. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Vince Young Passing stats
    Passer Rating 97.6 -(5th)
    Completion Percentage 57.9% - (28th)
    Yds/Game 136.2 - (33rd)
    Passing TDs 10 - (21st)
    20+ yd passes 16 -(28th)
    40+ yd passes 3 - (19th)

Not exactly elite or even good...

9. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

I want Vince to be our QB. He has shown he can be a good QB when given the chance. To me Fisher is the problem. He is mis-using Vince. We are not going to go anywhere with this team until we get a new head coach. Fisher's offensive philosophy sucks with 11/10 plays is run CJ up the middle. We have Moss, Vince can get this guy the ball with the right play calling, but Fisher's man crush with Collins can't allow Vince to succeed!

We don't need another QB, We need another Coach. Getting another QB is starting from scratch and at this point with the talent of this team is ludicrous. We should use ALL 7 picks of the draft to draft some darn Corners, or trade all 7 picks for a D-Coordinator and H. Coach.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What if we won today?

Jesus Christ, you guys act like he is Joey Barton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar