Do you want Peyton?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 12, 2012.

?

Do you want Peyton as QB for the Titans?

Poll closed Mar 17, 2012.
  1. Yes

54.4%
  2. No

45.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think the draft is a lot less risky than some claim. First of all, teams are no longer committing $50M to an unproven player, and second, look at all the talent we drafted last year with Webster and Reinfeldt working together. Our FO is now nicely managed, they're only bringing in football players now and not these idiot project players Jeff Fisher always picked.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You are wrong. And by the rest of the post you are younger. So you didn't live through the Manning era here in TN. East TN was not Colts fans before Manning signed. If he signs with Broncos, East TN will be Broncos fans until he retires. If he signs with us for life (meaning in front office past playing days) people will care and East TN will remain Titans fans for life.

Another thing is that East TN doesn't really have malice towards Nashville or middle TN. Almost all of TN has malice towards Memphis.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Very true

You will see more Ole Miss flags than Memphis

and any random pro team over the Titans. The only thing Memphians get behind are the Grizzlies.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Thanks...I will, because that is what it is LOL.

I am not going to play "what if" and "prove to me" here...bottom line is that we ALL knew that our FO was going that direction, and we stopped around the time that Bud spoke.

I am sure by the end of the day we will have convinced ourselves that Mario wanted us to deed the city of Nashville to him, that he is so overrated that he should be in the Arena league, and, maybe, even have him accused of a crime somewhere. Whatever it takes for you all to get over this is fine with me.

As for me, I will get over it, but we had better get Manning now.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I have to admit I don't really share that malice towards Memphis. Maybe a little. I do root for the Grizzlies, fun time going to their games.

It was sickening the way Memphis wouldn't get behind the Titans but it was too be expected since they were jaded over not getting a team.

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

lol !

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

You can't fault Peyton for not winning 3 superbowls with the Colts. Not many QB's win more than 1 superbowl, and not many could win 1 with the Colts' talent..

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Do you honestly not see the fallacy in this paragraph? You guys continually keep saying we were 100% going after Mario yet you don't have a single shred of proof.

"This is a fact but I can't/won't prove it." That's basically what you guys are saying.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I lean towards all Tennessee based teams, just because I grew up here. But you would have a hard time justifying putting an NFL team in Memphis and expect the rest of the state to travel to games regularly. Geographically, Nashville was easily the best place.

I really do not like the atmosphere of Memphis. I live in the "rich/Brentwood" type of area and everyone tends to have a big head and what not. I don't care much for downtown, but I think it has more to do with it being the city. Memphis just has a very weird vibe to it, hard to explain.

I do think an NFL team could survive here even with the Titans. Mississippi would get a huge following as well as Arkansas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar