Do You Like Or Dislike Titans Including Oilers Into History?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I noticed during games periodically this fan or that one at different times would look up at the names on the stadium dedications like George Blanda or Ken Houston and most not all seemed to either not know the players or be irritated wondering why Oilers players who have nothing to do with Tennessee are even being honored.

I used to love watching the Oilers during the Warren Moon years and they were fun to watch and i mean no disrespect to all those who followed the franchise here from Houston but i don't understand either why they don't just give the city of Houston their Oiler history/heritage because most of the fans here in Tennessee that attend games only care about the Titans anyway.

Also there are a lot of Oilers who either want nothing to do with the Tennessee franchise or they dislike them like Earl Campbell. I never see Warren Moon at any games either.

Wouldn't you like it if they just started in 1999 and included the best from then to now on the stadium dedications like Steve McNair,Eddie George,Samari Rolle,Derrick Mason,Keith Bulluck,Michael Roos,David Stewart,Albert Haynesworth,Rob Bironas,etc.

It makes zero sense to me to.....

A. Keep honoring players none of the fans here have ever heard of or seen play....

B. When a Titans player had a big amount of interceptions the NFL said it wasn't the most in team history but it tied the amount a player had in 1979. Again why can't they just include Titans players and history...

C. Recently i saw a shirt that said established in 1960. Once again this confuses a segment of the fanbase why not just put 1999 after all thats year one...right?

D. They need to make up their mind because it confuses fans when they see the uniforms and jerseys in 2008 with an X celebrating 10 years or XV on the jersey when they were honoring the teams 15th year in 2013.

How do you feel about this as a fan????

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I like it because it pisses off Texan fans who jumped ship after the team left Houston and are still butt hurt that Adams moved the team.

Anything that pisses off Texan fans is great in my book.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

From being on various fan sites i can say for a fact that there are quite a few folks who followed the Oilers to Tennessee and decided to become Titans fans that live in Houston or Texas itself. Now that right there probably irritates a lot of the Texans fans who can't understand why a fellow Houston resident would follow the Titans and its mainly because they followed the players/team here and kept supporting them.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Dislike.

1) I was Bengals fan before Tennessee got a team.
    2) Earl Campbell wearing a Texans jersey.

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I dislike it because those players don't come to Tennessee and act like part of our history, they go to Texans games. They obviously don't feel connected to the current franchise at all yet their records still clog up our record books

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Texans are wishing bud had never left right about now. That little team of theirs is in huge trouble and their owners are boobs. They ran Bud off over a stadium they built three years later. Silliest thing ever. Now they have an owner who runs the team with his son and their lapdog GM. Good luck Texan fans. This year is the last taste of playoffs they will see for a long time. Obrien will be out as soon as they lose and the rest will be down hill.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They need to keep the History. Bud made efforts to ensure that the Oilers legacy was intact here. If not here, it would be gone. Texans can't pick it up, unless the Adams family allowed it.. and they wouldn't.

In that case, they might as well sell the Oilers name to the Texans.. because everyone knows that's what everyone wants over there. Texans name has no history, and really nothing at all to be proud of.

So the old players can get over the 20 year old move from Houston, or don't. Not relevant, the Oilers history is the Titans history.

#7 nickmsmith, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Finally a good Mike thread I dont feel disappointed with when I open it.

Ive never been a fan of the Oilers at any point, before the Titans I was a casual Broncos fan as a kid, but Id absolutely have become an Oilers fan if they kept the name when they moved to TN. Soooo I dont mind people wanting to keep the history, doesn't affect me in the least..

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I will say the Oiler throwbacks are sweet, so I want to keep them. Changing my answer based on that.

If I ruled the world, we'd wear those every Texans game.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haha, we should do that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar