Do We Have Enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, May 5, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We might have enough to get to the playoffs, from there all we need to do is peak at the right time and get lucky.

2. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

We have everything we need except a quality center and a pass rush. Pass rush has been somewhat fixed, center still sucks

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Who's the a**holes messing up the positive vibes?? Have seen a complete poll shift.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Jury is still out on the coaching staff.(Not saying bad just not 100% sold yet) Center position is unsure.
    Defense has a big ? next to it.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

It's up to the 50/50 plays. We lost too many of those last year. We were one win from being in the dance last year. Week 1 Jax and the Indy L killed us. I think about all the games were it would be 3rd and 3 and we have a false start and go back 5 yards. Better yet when we are on D and our pass rush was so soft that QBs had all day in the pocket. Also I look at our special teams from last year. Kerns did a great job, but if we didn't kick the ball out of bounds on punts or touchbacks on kickoffs, we would always give up field position. I truly think that an offseason will help this team. I want to see how Big Smith comes into camp. If he comes motivated, our Dline issues could be fixed, if not he's cut. Our defense will be faster this year. I stamp a guarantee that we will beat the Pats. Nothing about their defense worries me.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

they were one dropped pass away from winning...

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

first off, it's no where near as simple as x > y....

Giants were a below average team last season that got hot at the right time and had a lot of things go their way. They aren't that talented..

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm sorry I'm going to be realistic here and this is what I see...

-Hasselbeck a solid QB, faded down the stretch. Locker, hardly any experience.
    -CJ poor performance last year.
    -Interior of the OL was the worst
    -Britt injury prone, Nate stepped up, the rest? Just promise.
    -No pass rush.
    -Good young talent at LB
    -A couple pretty good CB's.
    -Safety...eww

So how have we improved this team?
    -Locker gets more reps in practice?
    -CJ in shape?
    -Hutchinson but still no Center.
    -Can Britt stay healthy?
    -Added Wright
    -Added Wimbley and Martin
    -More LB depth
    -Same safeties
    -How will J-Mac and Verner do as full time starters?

So we upgraded the pass rush, got a Guard, and got some nice young depth. This was a 9-7 team last year so I see a 2 win improvement. Once you get into the playoffs it's anyone's game.

As far as talent goes that's a no too until we find out if these rookies can make an impact and make sure no one in our draft class last year goes into a sophomore slump. Really it comes down to the offense, yes defense has question marks but Locker is going to lead this team and CJ is a talented RB who can take us far and Britt is a game changer when healthy. If we get the best we can out of them then sure but the odds of that are pretty high. Give this team one more year.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Imo this team is close, but not superbowl worthy just yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

under fishface the Titans seemed unprepared for Janurary football. fishface talked the talk but the results were not there

Under MM the Titans were a much better football team in december than in september. That alone is promising too me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar