Do the Titans trade up (from #33) to nab Nkemdiche?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Apr 14, 2016.

?
  1. Yes. The impact potential is too high not to

23.5%
  2. No. We should stay put and take the BPA at #33

76.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Nkemdiche is a lot like DGB last year. He has Top 10 talent, but some off-field questions. Those questions might push him to the later part of the 1st, where most Media Mock Drafts have him going. But many had DGB going somewhere in the bottom half of the 1st last year, too. So, if you are Robinson, do you sit tight and let the players come to you, with our 2nd Rd picks, or do you package something to move ahead of the teams thought to be interested in NKemdiche, between picks 20-32?

Personally, I'm very torn on it. It would be a coup to sit tight and hope he slides to us, like DGB did. There are always a small group of players who were widely projected to be 1st Rd picks, that slide out of the 1st. And that is in part due to the fact that some teams will value some guys (whom most consider a 2nd Rd grade or later) higher than most draftnicks.

This draft is deep at DT, and some NFL teams are a bit wary of taking Nkemdiche with their 1st Rd pick. So, I'd normally be inclined to take the gamble that he slides to us. However, Nkemdiche has the same talent, size and impact potential as Leonard Williams...whom many wanted us to draft No.2 overall, last year. Against National Champs, Alabama, last year, he was dominant. I can just imagine how much of an impact he could have under Dick LeBeau, playing opposite of Casey.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

Idk about trading up to far or giving up to much, but idc what our needs are, if he's there at 33 we should take him no question. He is an amazing athlete wuth huge upside. With that said, I'd also like to see jaylon smith in 2 tone blue.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I am for taking him at 33, but completely against trading up. I really think he'll be there at 33 anyway.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Yeah I would be fine with thrown in a third to move up to get Nkemdiche.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

I'd rather trade up for Jaylon Smith but I think both guys have first round talent. Smith might even have top 10 talent.

6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I'd normally feel the same way, but he is the one player whom the QB's and fans of the other AFC South teams would react by saying "Oh Chit!" He's the only one outside of Buckner, who would make this DL go from good to great...from decent to dominant. In that case, I think he might be worth sending one of our 3rd Rd picks to move up.

Plus, I'd want to get just ahead of the Texans, so they have no chance to get him. Most people think they will go WR, and they may very well do that. But, if they were to take Nkemdiche to play between Watt and Clowney, we can kiss those 2 games each year, goodbye. That defensive front would be just too dominant. I want that to be us, instead.

#6 TitanUpB4UGO, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    • Troll Troll x 1
  7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

nope.. this draft class is very deep at the DT pos. plus he has to many red flags for us to be giving up draft picks for. Id wait and see if he falls into the 2nd round.

8. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

of course right now he is saying all the right things but its tough to look past a guy that has question marks about his effort

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would not trade up for him.

In fact what I'd love to see happen is for us to trade #33 to the Patriots for their 2017 1st rnd pick. This would really give us ammo for 2017.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Let's just trade our 7th rounder to the Jags for their first pick next year while we are at it.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar