Do the Titans change their thinking about Roos if Leinart is drafted?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Leinart is left handed and his blind side will be the right side. Considering he doesn't have great scramlbing ability, it seems they would want there best OL at RT.
    Any thoughts?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Cross that bridge when they come to it.
    Do you really think we will end up with Leinart?
    I don't.

ot- what reality show were you on?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if we draft a lefty , I'd think that Roos would stay on the RIGHT side

4. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

All we need inorder for us to get Leinart is for N.O to like Cutler or Young? Also there are rumblings that the N.O might go after one of the FA Qbs(Brees,Kitna)

I was on the first season of THE BIGGEST LOSER on NBC

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do teams traditionally move their speed rusher to the opposite side if they face a lefty? I wouldn't think so. You'd still want your best OT again him.

6. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I don't get the question? Roos has shown his versatility. You don't have a LT just because he's on the left hand side, you get him for his movement. So if has enough agility for the left hand side, and he's played on the right - why wouldn't we just keep him there?

7. Maybe he's more natural on the left. I don't know.

But if we do have a left handed QB, then having a good pass blocker on the right would certainly be more of a concern since it would be his blind side.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's true. It's just that I feel like it'll be Leinart to N.O...

ot-
    ok man...check this out...

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

No. Your best OT needs to protect the blind side, regardless of where they line up their DE's.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Do the Falcons switch their offensive line up when Vick gets hurt and Matt Schaub plays? No. You dont automatically put your best tackle on the QBs blind side. Some linemen are better suited to one side rather than the other. We're lucky in that Roos seems versatile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar