Do some of ya'll honestly think... (CJ booed)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bob45x32, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

DeSean also didn't hold out ALL and then completely and totally failed to produce.

Everyone understands that this is a business and no one is that upset about CJ's holdout buy it's self. Everyone I see complaining are pissed that CJ just got a 90 million contract extension and is now averaging 2.3 yards a carry BECAUSE of his holdout.

2. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

Everybody just needs to calm down about CJ. You have to look at how defenses are gameplanning the Titans right now. I understand the spotlight is going to be on CJ because of his big new deal but you have to see the offense as a whole. With the way the Jags and Ravens defense lined up, Kenny Britt has been able to go 1 on 1 and take advantage. If defenses start to try and take away Britt, then CJ will have more room to run. It's going to be pick your poison if Hasselbeck can make the right reads and calls at the line. Gotta look big picture here folks, if the Titans put up 26 points or more every game, they are going to win more than they will lose...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Did you expect him to come in with 1 week of preparation and be game ready? Even Duece knew that wasn't possible.

Anyone who was expecting CJ to be ready for the first 2 games is delusional, and needs to stop being so emotional at the fact he held out.

I understand your mad he hasn't produced but don't bash him so soon.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

No biggums. That's not what I meant.

Not telling me anything I don't know. But I don't think it's as drastic as you are making it sound.

He will be worth it once he starts putting up 100 yard games again.

5. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

I agree. Pretty sure no one expected Beck to come out like that and be able to throw all over their defense. The Ravens probably spent all week trying to figure out creative ways to stop the run not deal with our passing attack. Every time we put CJ in it was a run right into 8 man fronts with zero room. Not given CJ an excuse but there was a big difference in the holes that Ringer got compared to CJ. I still think that CJ should hit what ever holes are available with a lot more speed and stop dancing around in the backfield but I am far from saying CJ sucks and was a waste of our money. I'm sure that he will continue to progress and will see a big boost when he gets his timing down and we get Hall back.

6. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

When teams talk about how they have to change up their tackling angles to take a player down, he's a vocal point.

100 yard games? This isn't fantasy football. This is real football and CJ dictates how defenses play us..... that's more valuable than getting 100 yards.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

And why did he have no preparation? A: Chris Johnson.

Hasn't produced is an understatement. He is (based on the last two weeks) the worse HB in the league. You maybe okay with that but I'm not.

8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I love seeing post like this, because it shows little understanding for the game of football.

For you to say Ringer should get the start because CJ has under performed is extremely naive. Granted, I for one am a CJ supporter. I also agree that his performances the last couple weeks are due to him holding out (not even going to comment on whether or not I agree with it or not). However, Ringer is not greater than or equal to CJ. You are not giving CJ credit for the fact that teams STILL have to stack the box to stop the explosive plays he's capable of generating. Without them stacking the box yesterdays game MH probably don't throw for 350+ yards.

Javon Ringer is a good RB don't get me wrong I like the guy a lot. However, (and you can quote me on this) he WILL NOT have the same success as a full time NFL starter. Even though CJ is under performing teams still have to respect the threat he can be. CJ is a type of player that teams recognize as soon as the huddle breaks and they key on him. This is because when teams didn't in the past he punished them severely. No defense is scared of Javon Ringer! Even if he is capable is breaking a few nice runs here and there he lacks that next gear to take it to the house. If I was a defense playing the Titans and had to choose between defending Ringer or Johnson, I would choose Ringer every day of the week. This is because even an ineffective CJ has the speed to make your defense pay on any given play. In truth if CJ would have been in on the field on that 4th and 1, it certainly would not have been a TD. This is because of 2 factors:

1. He's still behind because of his hold out (No sane person can argue this point)
    2. The defense would have keyed on him, and would have stopped him from getting to the outside. (A predictable playcall if CJ is in the backfield)

That being said, that play was a great play call by coaches who understood what the ravens were doing! They recognized them stacking the box and keying in on CJ and ran a play the ravens didn't expect with that particular personnel grouping.

As fans we complained all last year that we lacked a QB who could make defenses pay for consistently stacking the box. Well now it's apparent we have such a QB in MH! Honestly, I was one of the few who did not like the MH pickup, but I'm starting to believe in him as our QB. Be patient, once teams understand that we can and will throw on them if they continue to routinely stack the box they WILL stop and if they don't then I hope MH has many more performances like yesterday!

I don't care if CJ is getting paid $1M or $13M this year. If his presence on the field makes NFL defenses one dimensional then he's worth every penny in my book. I don't care if he has 50 yards rushing every week if we end the game +1 in the win column.

There is no I in team and football is a team sport. Yesterday was a great team win for our Titans and I hope for many more!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm not claiming CJ didn't do anything for us. But he is a running back and an elite one, so he should be able to gain 100 yards (and he will). When he is on the field, yes, it changes what the defense does (good job for realizing that), but when he starts putting up big numbers on the ground he will be more valuable than just being on the field to open up receivers (and be worth his big contract).

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Our passing game looked great yesterday. That said, defenses will continue to focus on CJ. If the Titans continue to pass that well, that may eventually change, but it will take several straight great passing performances to get to that point. At this point, it's still easily in the best interest of defenses to stop CJ at all costs. If we played Ringer more than Johnson, our ypc might be higher, but our overall offense wouldn't be nearly as good. I don't understand why everyone can't see that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar