Do refs call illegal contact anymore?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The final play of the game was just brutal. Mariani gets shoved out of bounds and Williams gets knocked to the ground and no illegal contact? The ball was on the five yard line so any contact in the end zone should have been illegal.

I won't even mention the non pass interference call against Jared Cook on like our first drive which was beyond obvious.

The Locker sneak was a terrible spot, I've watched the recording twice now and he had the first down no question.

Once again, we are on the a*s end of the officiating, I'm just totally shocked. :irked:

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

In the first Hal of the game.
    Second half.......not so much.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yup, they called one on us on 3rd down.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

To be fair, they called a lot of penalties on the Saints that were drive killers.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I suppose I should rephrase my post to say "Do refs call blatant illegal contacts anymore"?

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

To be fair, all of them looked like legit calls. Seems like they missed some obvious ones against the Saints however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar