Disney World

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Brian, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Trips, tips, on-site, off-site, favorite resorts, favorite parks, past trips, future trips, deals..........

We're currently planning our next trip. My wife thinks I'm obsessed. I think she's right.

:woohoo:

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

It's been a long time since I went, but one thing I do remember, unless you're staying inside Disney World itself... don't stay in Orlando, there's absolutely jack to do there (all I remember is strip malls, motels and car dealerships).

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Taking the family in March, technically my wife is allowing me to tag along on the trip she planned but why quibble. Anyways staying at the park at Colonado Hotel or something like that. Doing the food thingy an have a late lunch scheduled at the castle with the three princeses. My 10 year old daughter should enjoy that, I'm kinda looking forward to Snow White myself, but again different story for another thread - lol

Have a dinner scheduled at some restaurant with a giant acquarium for the 7 year old boy.

My wife arranged something called a "Hopping" pass that is supposed to allow us to roam freely from park to park. I expect this will come in handy as the kids discover that Epcot is totally lame.

Can't think of anything else except I insisted that we drive cause airfare would have been nearing 2k for the family and I am certain the SportTrac and go to Orlando and back for under $500. GoT put his foot down on that one - lol

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

More info than you could ever digest is here... http://www.disboards.com/

Not only that, but I think Bongo posts over there as well.

5. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

I stayed in the Sports Hotel as a kid and it was pretty nice.

6. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I just went. From personal experience and talking to the employees, the best time to go is last week of September / 1st week in October. I did miss the Dallas game but I got to see Albert over & over. IMO the best thing to do is stay on the campus and get a park hopper (length of stay) pass. Obviously, depending on how much you want to spend there are varying degrees of quality. This last time we stayed in the Carribean Beach resort, it was nice but not spectacular. If you have the money stay in the Polynesian or Contemporary as the monorail runs right through them, and anytime you can not take a bus is great.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if you happen to be a member of the military you can stay at the Shades of Green, which is right across the street from the Polynesian and @ $100 a night

park Hopper is the only way to go

the day we got there, the Magic Kingdom was packed, so we went over to Epcot and walked right onto most of the attractions .... the next day everybody had gone to Epcot, thus MK was a little more friendly

ALWAYS ride the rides during the Fireworks / Parade (we walked onto the Thunder Mntn Railroad, then re-rode it 2 or 3 times in a row) during the parade ./.... and this was like in June / July

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I went in 98, so i was8-9, we stayed at a hotel with a mickey mouse head pool in it, it was sweeet, i dont remember alot, but i kno it was fun

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I only been to Disney Land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar