Did we take a running QB that

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Practice Squad

He wont be Ryan Leaf, that guy was a mental midget, and was just a punk.

at the very least, you will never have to worry about off the field issues with this guy

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The next "ryan leaf" award is reserved for Ryan Mallet.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

we couldn't get the same guy though. How hard is that to understand?

4. gran54

gran54 Starter

I feel like it was a reach, but I think the Titans were looking at it as they weren't in much of a position for someone to trade up to 8 and they like him a lot and believe he is the guy so they took him. I don't think he would have been there for us in round two and I don't think they wanted to miss out on the QB run and take the chance for waiting for a QB in round 2. I feel like he will have a lot better talent around him and a much better offensive line, something he did not have in Washington. The guy loves the game and I think he has a lot of potential with the work ethic he possess.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

By that definition, he's definitely not a reach then.

The only definition of reach that he would fall under would be when compared to the BPA. Which is where I say that it doesn't matter who the BPA is, a franchise QB is worth more to a team than any other position.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Did you ever think the reason why he's always outside the pocket is because he has a crappy OL? Or his comp % isn't very good because his WR's had moredropped balls than anyone in the Pac-10? Or maybe the defense would only prepare for Locker because there is no one else on that team?

Let the guy take a snap before you guys hate on the pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm not "hating" the pick. Again, I said I'm torn.

In my QB ratings thread I think I had him at #2 behind Stanzi (and due to Ponder being hurt, who was my #1).

Looks like the homerism has already set in though.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes, he still would be a reach.

If I told you that you could get a 30,000 dollar car today for 30,000 dollars- or wait til tomorrow and get the same make but a different color for 20,000k... what would you do? You may just jump the gun, but it wouldn't be smart.

Especially if this way you could get a bigger need the first day- a player that an equal wont be found in round 2. A Fairley?...

I like the guy, but to try to say it was a SMART pick? No. Not anything near it.

9. pettso

pettso Starter

So you're saying you think he would have been around by the time we picked at 39? Behind Gabbert, Dalton, Ponder and Kaepernick?

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar