Did Titans go to far by stomping the Towel?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

he's just lucky Lendale didn't stomp a steelers head.

lord help them if albert was active.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The truth behind the Terrible Towel (I always called it the Yankee Hankee) from someone raised in Pittsburgh during the 70s. It was invented by a sports caster by the name of Myron Cope. In fact, some of the first ones made had his name on it. The Terrible Towel belonged to Mr. Cope, not the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Terrible Towel NEVER had any Steeler logos on it until Myron sold the rights to the towel over to the Steelers.
    The Terrible Towel was a marketing gimmick that turned into a religious relic! We might look at it as nothing more than a Yankee Hankee but to them it is their team, their spirit, it's their connection to the team and part of their gameface. I posted here several weeks ago complaining that there was no hoop-la in Nashville for our undefeated Titans. The response wasn't favorable. Trust me when I say that downtown Pittsburgh is painted Black & Gold............everything. In the 70s the fire trucks and police cars were Black & Gold. Parts of the police uniforms still have Black & Gold on them. Everywhere you looked, Black & Gold. The entire area is very serious about their football team. That 'babooshka' as it is also refered to as, is a part of their love for the sport and their team.
    For what it's worth, that's how they feel about that Towel. On my side of the thinking, why was it brought into OUR stadium? Was it not brought in to LP Field to be waved in our faces? Yes it was. But it worked against them and now they're mad.
    And I agree with someone else who said, "How did 10,000 Steeler fans end up in sold out LP Field?" For the 50,000 Titans fans who held their tickets, we can stomp their Towel. For those who sold out to the Steeler fans for a couple of bucks, you have no comment on the matter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

well **** those sociopaths.

4. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Hey SEC 330 BIPOLAR how was the crowd at the game? From watching it on tv they sounded loud as hell. Louder then Monday night against the colts?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

they impressed me. the whole bowl seemed to stand the entire afternoon. i think the numbers pissed them off. It was strange seeing fire jump into our crowd like that. It was instinctual, like people felt threatened. Weirdest thing for me was this woman that owns the seats in front of me is some kind of closet steelers fan. It was weird. I've seen here there in her Titans gear. She even brought her regular friends who are Titan fans. For clarity sake she owns section 331 seats. row jj. seat 1. :evil:

That's not my section.
    I am on the other side of the rail in 330.

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Man i wish i was there, i do enough yelling and screaming pretending like i'm actually there trying to add my 2 cents. Hopefully that place is rockin that 1st playoff game, i'm holding you responsible for the 68,000 fans to be jacked up that day :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar