Did McNair really help the team ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by twoseven, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I dont know alot about the cap but all i have heard on the news for the past 5 years is McNair is a team player and is willing to take a pay cut every year. So with us having to pay him 14 million this year he must of never actually took a pay cut , he just pushed his money out , is this correct ?

2. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Yes he never actually took a pay cut, The money was just restructured

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

he helped.. were 9 mil under the cap now which is good enough to sign our picks and maybe bring in Ty Law.. it was time we got rid of McNair.. i respect everything he did with us and i wish him well in baltimore. just not against us. Keith is gonna get a shot at him lol

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Only 5% of you will understand this so piss off

We sort of pimped McNair out. We kinda of "borged" him. Ok, catch me if I get too deep but the Borg is a Star Trek thing. They are basically alien locusts that turn other species into new borgs. Locusts in the sense of instictual behavior, a collective if you will...

[​IMG]

ok, ok...

We over paid for McNair... roughly 14 million dollars worth on our cap. We knew that if we could just squeeze some more playing time out of him... we could field a dominate team. 2003 was a last ditch effort to recapture the '99/'00/'02 momentum. After watching '02 we knew we had no chance without him so we bet the proverbial farm for '03 - when exactly he restructered last is irrelevent...

The point is we juiced him (not in the Ice Cube sense) - more like Minute Maid... like the Borg... sucked the "worthwhile out of him"

Blackjack? In New England on that frozen tundra we were holding two kings... stand... the house had 21 (Pats) That was it for the other one. (awesome Dead tune...) ... so he helped us then. This season is like the waiter bringing you the check. No one worrys about the bill when they are hungry. In a nutshell, his past two years here have sucked bad enough to pay 14 million dead money to be rid of his gimpy, injury prone, egomaniacal ***.

The Ravens are going nowhere. Their chance at a postseason bid is as good as ours.:sad2: I'm not saying it can't happen. (Ravens vs. Titans Wildcard Game):brow: I am saying the chances of Baltimore winning 9/10 games is about as good as Vince Young winning OROY. That is a longshot just by virtue of Young being a QB.

5. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

well even though i know he had a few good years and i thank him for that , i have never really thought of him as a team leader , he never went out of his way to stay after practice and help the recievers , sign autographs after the games , things like that. so im glad he is gone ,i actually wished we would have done it 2 years ago.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sec....

We didn't over pay mcnair. His contract was deformed so as to meet the salary cap in past years. We couldn't just sign him to a long deal like the eagles did with mcnabb or the vikings did with culpepper. Mcnabb did a 12 year deal worth $115M and culpepper did a deal a 10 year deal worth $102M. Those deals were done 2-3 years ago. A similar deal(Obviously not as long) with mcnair at that time would have kept him here and cost us less on the cap this year but we couldn't do it.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If we didn't overpay him then he under performed. I don't care how it's sliced. We are better off without him and that Titanic ship anchor cap figure. We offered him a ridiculous sum that we thought would only be worth it if he delivered the SB win. His body gave out on us. No player with that kind of cap ratio should fail so miserably from conditioning point of view.
    I appreciate you taking time out to correct me... Check the time stamp on that post... Yup. :crazy:

8. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

McNair has always helped our team...even as he leaves...

9. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I still respect McNair, but will not cheer for him as he plays against us... maybe not even when they play against other teams. As Bipolar said...

[​IMG]
    McNair has assimilated with the Ravens.

10. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I think Billy will do just fine . He deserves to get the start , Billy could of stayed in the media , whining about a starting job all last season , but he didnt , he shut his agents mouth and played ball , i respect him for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar