Did anyone else notice

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanpride, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Lately, everytime I see Young in a interview... he keeps bringing up the Raiders' and Al Davis. I'm wondering if theres a trade in the works that Young and his agent Major Adams are aware of.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think if Leinart is a Raider, and Young is a Titan, both sets of fans will be happy. I think it'll be more comfortable if it goes down that way. The other way around, and I see potential storms brewing. No patience for either set of fans. Could get ugly early.

That being said, the Raiders would be better off with a big arm ( of course the collins didn't work out so well...) So Young fits that bill.

Since Al Davis needs a big splash before he dies, this could be it. The thing is they have always settled for the garbage qb over his entire tenure. So it would be a big break from what seems like history of old used up qb's.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Everyone seems to be commenting on Al as of late. "The man's a legend" is what I keep hearing with every draft pick that interviews with him - Huff, Davis, Young and Leinart off the top of my head.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Not this fan. There's five other players I would take over Young. That being said... if the rumor of Adams wanting Young is true, then I'll have to deal with ten more years of a QB that struggles to read defenses and Forrest Gumps his way to some wins. That 1 read, zone step offense that Young played in College is going to fly in the NFL... a'long with being in the shotgun every play because he needs the extra time to see the defense develope. The fact is... Young struggled his first two years with little production. It was only when Texas simplified it with " If the first read isn't there, take off and run " that he had any kind of success.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You should probably check the stats. He had an excellent Sophomore year. They would've been in the title game that year as well if it weren't for a close loss to OU.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Still, getting a QB more in the Manning / Brady style makes alot more sense for our offense.
    About half the stuff I read says Davis wants Young and the other half says he wants Leinart. Who we take might be based on who Davis wants and if Davis can get one of the other 2 QBs we could see a trade. If I were Davis I would stay put and take whoever falls. A lot of mocks have either Young or Leinart falling to 7 with a real good possibility of Cutler being there.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

I would like to compare arm strength's or Leinart, Brady, and Manning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar