Dgb poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Aug 16, 2016.

?
  1. Bad

47.7%
  2. Good

52.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Thankfully, we (hopefully) won't have to deal with that anymore since Webster is gone.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

But we traded a 2nd round draft pick for a 5th.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

But with experience

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We traded a former second round pick that is not committed for a former fifth round pick that might be good depth. Where they were selected doesn't mean anything at this point.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Exactly...People put WAAAAY too much into draft position....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Blackburn

Blackburn Starter

DGB wasn't getting it and had every chance to get his game together but didn't put in the effort to be a real player in the NFL. He was a top recruit out of high school and he still acted like everything needed to be given to him instead of working for it and earning the right to be a starting WR. I'm not saying I love the trade from the angle of who we got in return but I'm glad we've moved on from DGB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Wow, this is a sad thread...
    What "someone" evidently doesn't get is that all the natural talent in the world will only take you so far. For example, I played ball with a guy who was recruited out of high school by USC, UCLA, NEB, OU, TEXAS, GA, FLA, TENN, MICH... you get the drift, he ended up going to KSU for personal reasons. DE 6'7" 285lbs, ran the 100, 200, 400 and relay anchor man. Country strong. Had all the talent in the world but had no desire as the game was pushed on him by his father. Just so you know, he didn't get drafted but did make an NFL roster and was released for a bone headed decision the weekend before the regular season began... DGB is a phenomenal athlete no doubt, but it was fairly obvious to the team and staff he was having problems since they basically came out and said they were tired of his schtick. Has no work ethic, attitude and maturity issues. God Bless him if he goes on to be all world down the road... this team can't afford to have other players see his actions and think they can get away with it because of talent alone... this was a message from JOBS to the entire team, that message... "if you're comfortable with where you are and how you're doing, DON'T BE. I don't have an issue removing any player from this roster if I feel they are hindering the team..." Not a direct quote btw just an informed guess.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

My point was he should have never been taken in the 2nd to begin with...now look where we are.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Yeah....the worst thing that can happen to a player that is already short on work ethic and maturity is give them a butt-load of money. Then they are really hard to motivate.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Pretty much. Probably one reason why Robinson had no issue trading him. Not his fault we used a second round pick on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar