Detroit needs this more...will it matter?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 27, 2008.

?
  1. Titans take it easy

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. titans win it ...but detoit puts up a fight

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. detroit surprises everyone

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. dare i say it...a tie...hahah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

title says it...detoit need this quite a bit more than we do. even the networks r tired of this detroit tradition..when the networks start hating on your frachise, on top of what the fans give them and hv to go through every year...factor in their winless season...and this is a pivotal game.

thing is we r not a joke...we no it...and no matter what nyone says..deep down they know we r a good team. so this should be a gimmie..espeically after our first lost in i think 14.

also the injury bug has hit them hard..and were enterin this game pretty healthy w/ both KVB and harper back. so it really will be extra hard for them to win this one w/o the few good players they have.

we cant lose game...for our rep...especially when u look at thier injury list and their 'thanksgiving tradition' (of loosing)...

but they really really cant lose this one either...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sure they can. And they will.

I'm honestly surprised that CBS doesn't push to have options to replace Detroit with a more popular team. Besides the playoffs and the Super Bowl, this day probably has more people who don't normally watch the NFL watching than any other game. With all the sales starting tomorrow, you'd think CBS would want to guarantee viewers would want to watch a competitive game. Having someone like the Steelers or Packers would probably do that.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We need this game far more than they do. What is another loss to them? Nothing but if we lose it could turn our season completely around creating a slippery slope of hell.

After what happened in the jets game a loss to detroit would destroy our confidence maybe for the rest of the year and it also can cost us home field in the playoffs.

This is a MUST win for us!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

An interesting anedote about detroit on thanksgiving.

The real interest in the tradition started when unbeaten 10-0 greenbay played a huge game against 8-2 detroit on thanksgiving day 1962. the 62 packers were defending champions and were so dominant nobody thought they could be beaten. The lions were probably the leagues 2nd best team. On that historic day the lions won over the packers the only loss the packers had that year and the tv tradition began.

From 1950-1962 the lions had 9 winning seasons and had won championships so it made sense to have them on every year. Since 1962 the lions have had just 9 winning seasons in 36 years!

Another thing that has happened since is that detroit has lost half it's population since going from a major market and the 4th largest city in the country to a has been and because of economics all of michigan has lost population.

In short the lions have managed and played themselves out of having this game every year. A privledge they no longer deserve.

Actually the tradition of having the same host teams every year was rather stupid. Why not have the NFL and the networks just pick out the 2 most attractive games that week and scedule them for this day?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

first, the the Lions don't need this game at all.

the Titans need it bad for all the aforementioned reasons.

second, whether they deserve it or not the Lions and Cowboys hosting the Thanksgiving Day games is an awesome, long running tradition I am all for keeping. The Lions are kind of an enigma. I can't figure out why they can't seem to get it together and make a run at something. Several decades of sucking horribly is really too bad for them. I still want to see them on Thanksgiving because it's what I remember growing up.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Lions are just playing their last games to try an upset playoff teams.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The Lions don't want to be the first team to go 0-16...they want a win, bad.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea the Lions don't need this game at all. If they won and then lost out and the Chiefs lost out wouldn't the Chiefs get the #1 pick in the draft since the Lions win was more impressive? Not sure. But if that's the case the Lions would be better served losing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar