Despite 4-12 Season, Titans Had a Few Positives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :lol3:

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

For like a week and a half I've made several statements on here asking you to back up your statements about our safetys, or mostly LT. You say they're the best in the league, which I don't know how to take as anything other than a joke... Either acknowledge that you aren't going to answer (see the long post on the previous page that you earlier described as "hating") or back it up with evidence. I'm not an LT hater, I'd love to see something for him, but from my point of view (and several others on here) he didn't show anything. Come on, don't tell me you really think your one sentence was a response to be taken seriously?

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Dude, that's the past. Don't live in the past!:irked: And the Titans' safeties ARE the best in the league!

4. So you're admitting that in the past Thompson didn't show anything...

5. The Mrs

No, my reference to the past was not about Lamont. In the past, Lamont played great. That's why he took Schulter's spot:kiss:

6. He took Schulters spot because Schulters got hurt and then had a contract the Titans couldn't afford. Thompson hasn't played great since college, and that's why the Titans would cut him before they pay him his option bonus this offseason.

7. The Mrs

Yeah, unh huh, right, O.K. Lamont will get his money and be back in training camp and win his spot over Marcus Randall and any other little upstart safety.:irked:

Take your time with your pithy little retort because I gotta go get my hair done and my toes are crying out for a pedicure. If your retort is just burning a whole in your keyboard, hit me up on my BlackBerry to discuss:kiss:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

arrr... see? I've got a leg to stand on! Shiver me timbers...
    G TKL AST SKS PD INT YRD TD
    2005 MIA 16 57 20 2.0 6 4 78 0
    2005 TEN 15 62 19 1.0 3 1 0 0

Interceptions are overrated.
    Passes defensed? That's what a pass rush is for! Duh....

Shulters has lousy numbers!

ahem...

[​IMG]

IDIOTS! ahhh...phew....

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Thanks bipolar...

Elfin, my point is that when we make criticisms of how LT plays, or cite his stats of interceptions and passes defended (two of the most important stats for defensive backs) you say "he's great". That's not an argument, it's an opinion. I'm asking for you to respond with something other than that. Is there some skill with being a saftey that I'm overlooking? Do even you remember a couple of drive-altering plays he authored? You like him and Tank, I get it, but can you give the rest of us who are questioning him any reason to support him? The stats bipolar put are well below desired stats for a starting safety, do you have ANY excuse for this. I heard the cornerback remark, and don't bite. It might effect a few plays, but LT was definitely losing one-on-one battles in several instances this season. Also, I don't remember him coming in for a lot of support on outside plays either, just getting burned a few times when he wasn't quite there.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

On a related note the Titans were 32 in the league giving up scoring drives on 68.7% drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar