Rumor Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Hardin is having a press conference at 2pm.

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I've seen this in the news but haven't really read into it. What's the popular consensus, Watson is an abuser, or a bunch of women are trying to get a nice pay day?

3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Harding’s press conference was a rambling colossal failure IMHO. Hardin and his awe shucks attitude I don’t know about this tech stuff and we don’t know what happened yet because we don’t know the names and on and on. Trying to play Buzbee on his turf was a mistake. Trying to make Watson out to be an oppressed young man who doesn’t know he is a superstar athlete is over the top. Their defense is weak.

Actual Hardin quote........ https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1380607637692223493

@wrench248 ... you watch it?

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Argument for the payday idea started falling off as more and more accusers came forward.

general consensus by now is overwhelming to the Watson abuser side.

My only doubts at this point are if there are 20 victims (or whatever the total number of accusers is now) or like 17 and 3 scammers. Just a ball park consideration and who knows what can actually be proven.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Nope. The press conferences and public boasting by both do not do much for me.

For me, I want to see what is said and done in a courtroom.

6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I am not a lawyer and never wanted to be so I know next to nothing... but I was reading (maybe earlier in this thread but too much to go looking for it) that in sexual assault cases it is not uncommon for women to not report the assault immediately. So because of that, one of the things that they can use is if the victim told others about it near the time of the incident. At least 2 of the women did tell others the same day it happened to them.

One of the victims booked Watson through another masseuse who contracts out.. As soon as she ended the session she called the masseuse who gave her the contract and told her what happened. She then went home and told her husband.

Another victim ended the session, went home and told both her mother and sister what happened.

You also have a serious pattern established that is proven and admitted to by Deshaun. Deshaun has sent messages apologizing for "making you uncomfortable" on more than one occasion which I think is going to hurt him.

He has also admitted to having "consensual" sex with massage therapists.

Then you have 22 women coming forward, all telling essentially the same story.. I dont think you can find any other cases where over 20 women came out against a man and there not be some truth to it.

In my opinion he was a man looking for happy endings after massages. He got away with it often enough that he felt that his behavior was OK. He looked at massage therapists as a buffet menu.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Zero benefit in us knowing the names. Both lawyers should know for sure. But no reason for common folk to know the names. Only makes things worse for everyone involved.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

It really is an uphill battle for most people to keep their identity confidential in court filings in Texas. Children are obviously afforded the most protections.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I get that. However, most reasons the public gets that information is because the media publishes it. If you actually made people dig through courts records online 99.9% of people wouldn’t do it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Lol seems like a solid defense. Instead of proving nothing happened he’s going to try and prove it was all consensual. Bold strategy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar