Rumor Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think if he settles, he’s still looking at a 4 game suspension. He will most likely appeal that. But with how inconsistent the NFL is who knows what they will do.

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

You never know what a jury will do. I thought OJ was doomed and he walked.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I was actually thinking up to 8 games. This is a more serious accusation than almost all previous cases and has a higher number of accusers. I’d also say that the NFL is still try to look as if f they are getting tougher on these civil case settlements, but you’re right, NFL has been inconsistent and I don’t know how much the fan appeal for his football talent will play a factor on the suspension number.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

A regular Joe would get 8 games, I don’t think they treat the regular guys and the stars the same.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Lol what? No one is arguing where the NFL can jail DW...

You said “If he loses the civil case, the NFL still has the power to sit him for pretty much as long as they like.”

The first part of your post talked about the difference between civil and criminal cases. I don’t think I’m pulling anything out of context here and there is NO ONE on here saying the NFL can jail Deshaun.

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Actually a lot if not most of the women made an outcry to a husband, boyfriend, best friend or relative immediately following the incident. That is very strong evidence in Sexual Assault cases. When you combine that with phone calls, text messages, DMs on social media. It doesn’t look good.

Buzbee isn’t backpedaling. He is being very careful and strategic. Remember that there are accusations from women in other states. Rumors range from Texas Rangers to FBI.

I don’t believe the theory he is going to just write some checks, get traded, sit out a few games and life goes back to normal.

Rusty Hardin is doing the best he can with what he has but so far it’s looking like at 80 years old Watson could be the case that sends him home. The defense is laughable at this point.

#826 TitanMark, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

You replied as if I said the only way the NFL docks him is if he loses the case. I simply said if he does lose it, then they can sit him for as long as they like, not only if he loses it will they punish him. Within the context of the post, the gist was all the talk about jail time is irrelevant if it’s a civil case.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Sorry, what do you mean by this?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Hey, I am butting out of this thread and putting it on ignore. Everyday it’s the same speculation and the OCD in me won’t let me not open an unread thread. So, for sanity’s sake I am dropping this one. Enjoy it all who choose to stay and participate. Just not for me right now.

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

This thread is getting tiresome

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar