Rumor Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Most Western Democracies actually follow this rule. It's commonly called the 'English rule." Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented in the entire U.S., but that it is easy for me to say as I practice criminal law.

Texas has a limited form of this rule found in Texas Rule of Civil Procedure 91a for causes of action determined to be baseless.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

As soon as money enters these types of suits, my wires get crossed. This should be criminal, not civil.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think it's difficult for me personally to make a call, as the only information I have is what's been put out to the media by both sides.

I find it very difficult to explain that many accusations. It could go either way depending upon what the reason for that is.

I'll wait and see how it goes in court, if it doesn't get settled first.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

No. I am not at all blaming the women for anything.

I am, however, calling bullsht on the notion that it simply never even occurred to them what this was headed towards.

Mostly it's just that when you read this stuff in sanitized legal language it just reads odd.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Which is in fact, blaming the women. It's the same as saying a rape victim had it coming because of what they were wearing.

These were licensed professionals doing their job. Why would they think that they were suddenly going to be looked upon as hookers?

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

If you read the lawsuits most of them ended the session immediately.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I rather strongly suspect that many of these were exactly a hooker situation, or at least a masseuse who gave happy endings situation.

Legit masseuses don't get picked up on Instagram to come your house to give “groin and buttock“ massages.

Makes the whole nda thing make a lot more sense.

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

There is very little doubt it was a hooker situation in Watson's mind.

If they had enough forethought for NDA wth didnt they think to have consent forms.

Like I said in the beginning there is just too much stupid going on here. Clearly Watson has some kind of fetish with it. There are just way too many women, in whatever professions, that would have been more than willing, calling strangers and taking chances is just ridiculous for someone in his position with so much money to lose.

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I’m still stuck on anus oil! Is that just me!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar