Rumor Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I also believe this is what Rothlisberger was accused of with witnesses. He walked away largely unblemished. If Watson did this, I hope the world has changed enough that outcome doesn’t happen again. But, innocent until proven guilty. So glad this is not a Titan, Isaiah Wilson was bad enough.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

It is CRITICALLY unfair to the victims to rush to judgement and condemn their character under the assumption that they are guilty of “shady” business practices and “smear” campaigns. I get you feel like you are providing some sort of “balance” in the court of public opinion, but you might want to apply some balance to your own opinion first.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Ok..l now I’m proud of you. You have finally admitted that he probably did something stupid at minimum and maybe illegal. This is as far as I’ve seen the first time you have admitted that.

But to call any of this unfair to Watson is ridiculous. At a very small minimum he violated league COVID policy. A man in his position meeting random women on Intagram? That conduct isn’t troubling? Watson is a multi Millionaire professional athlete with resources beyond any of our comprehensions. Watson brought this on himself. When it was just one client and Buzbee proposed a totally legit settlement he should have took it and ran. Signed the NDA and moved on. He didn’t so Buzbee did his job and then the the damn broke. Buzbee didn’t know about these other clients until it went public. Watson knows what he did or didn’t do.

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I agree. But when the allegations came out about Harvey he wasn’t guilty yet either, right?

5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Did you read the complaint? How could she “consent by definition” ??? What is wrong with you? Do you even understand how horribly toxic that sounds?

Her testimony was she was terrified and even defecated on herself. That Watson got up and put his clothes on and just left.

I don’t think you have read any of these complaints.

6. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

I don't think anyone here feels that every woman that comes forward with allegations are liars or chasing money but what most of these cases have in common is that women come forth months or even years later. In addition to that there's talk about a settlement before pressing charges. If these women would have pressed charges, took it to court, guess what? They still get paid in the end.

This isn't a conspiracy it's business. The Texans have been looking bad ever since the whole don't let the inmates run the prison comment and trading Hopkins for nothing. Once again I don't believe Watson did it and the Texans are trying to do all they can to discredit Watson and tarnish his image forever even if it means setting the Franchise back for years.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

But again, he was proven guilty. The Duke guys were proven innocent. There is no lesson from Weinstein he was guilty and proven so. With the Duke example, people rushed to judgement and they were innocent. That is why I used it as an example to not rush to judgement. Sorry, I have made this so difficult, but my example was all about rushing to judgement and not a comparison of the crimes.

8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Big Ben settled the first case after a friend of the alleged Victim came forward and stated she bragged about sleeping with Ben R.

Big Ben got a 6 game suspension, reduced to 4 in the 2nd case after Charges were declined because the victim didn’t want to pursue charges. But the DA said they wouldn’t have charged him anyway. There were allegedly witnesses. No civil suit in that case.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Gotcha... I agree about the rush, I used Weinstein as an example that Medical evidence isn’t required and women don’t always come forward until lawsuits or others come out.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The plaintiffs identity are protected. The defendants is not. It sets a situation in which anybody can be accused of anything and suffer damages regardless of the merit. That’s all I’ve ever proposed. The nature of civil law protects individuals, but does do at a price to an innocent defendant. I don’t know if Watson’s guilty or not, but he’s due his day in court and due process.

mid ssy I’ve been the LEAST to rush to judgement based off comments from several “pro plaintiff” folks who admit their own bias.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar