Rumor Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I can see how it was confusing. I worded it weirdly. I’m my point was Duke had 1 person accusing something. DW is up to 12.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I’m biased towards believing women, not just these women and not just dismissing them as a money grab, Investigations need to be done. Watson gets to defend himself. Quit misquoting people and trying to cleanup your stance. You think Watson did nothing wrong. Just say it. I mean you are actually trying to prove his innocence and now saying even if he did it that without medical evidence they can’t prove it. Which is blatantly false.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

No, I am not comparing the crimes. I am using it as a rush to judgement warning. Again, the case is so early, people should just pump the brakes a little. I think most everyone has said it looks bad for Watson. My point in bringing up Duke is that the court of public opinion is often misinformed and people should wait to condemn. Watson is in a bind because of the number of people accusing him no doubt, but my post SPECIFICALLY stated I wasn’t comparing the crimes, but rather the rush to judgement.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I really wasn’t responding specifically at you and so probably shouldn’t have quoted you, I know what you are saying, I was just making a general statement about the Duke case. 1 accuser is a rush to judgement, I get it, We also don’t need to rush to judgement in this case either. However, the Harvey Weinstein Case is the best example of what’s going on with Watson.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks. I just took exception to introduce the idea of “rape” into the context of discussion. I’m not aware of any allegations of rape toward Watson. It was my misunderstanding.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I believe forced oral sex is considered rape?

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

It is.

Slapping someone hand with your junk is at minimum an assaultive offense as well.

8. Riverman

yes!

It is CRITICALLY unfair to Watson to rush to judgement and condemn his character under the assumption he’s guilty just based off of allegations and the “number” of accusers. He IS ALREADY suffering damages due to this being in the court of public opinion, regardless of whether he’s actually guilty or not. He probably has done some stupid, maybe illegal behavior, the merit of the allegations and the legality of the transgressions are to be determined by due process. But either guilty or innocent, his formerly good reputation has and continues to be tarnished.

and like it or not, plaintiff’s attorneys exploit the unfair and brutal nature of the court of public opinion to their clients’ (and their own) financial advantage. It’s a VERY common practice.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

A sex crime accusation, coming from 1 or 12 is plenty damning. regardless of whether anyone is found guilty or not. If Watson is proved to have been guilty with only 1 person, it just as horrific. Due process is due process and the Duke case better illustrates that because Harvey was indeed guilty and the Duke guys were not. That is why I used that example because to use Weinstein assumes guilt right now. I am not defending Watson, I am defending due process.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Riverman

Yes. But issue is first, did she consent by definition, and second did it actually occur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar