Rumor Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

@wrench248 may comment further but to PROVE rape, you have to demonstrate penetration without consent.

“The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”

And as I mentioned in a prior post, that brings up the definition of consent:

“The term “consent” means a freely given agreement to the conduct at issue by a competent person. An expression of lack of consent through words or conduct means there is no consent. Lack of verbal or physical resistance does not constitute consent.”

so the idea that DW made a woman feel like she had no other choice but to provide oral sex or he would “break her career”is going to require a lot of other evidence. And she’ll need to have that statement indisputedly recorded to withstand defense attempts to discredit the authenticity.

as far as a medical exam, by the old definition of rape, it was the standard form of evidence for attaining a conviction. By the new definition, it’s a standard to prove the event occurred in conjunction with the lack of consent.

as far as “rape” is concerned, I stand by my former statement that a medical exam is necessary evidence if you’re going PROVE rape.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Incorrect. I did not bring up that case. Which is why I said you can’t compare them.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

Right. They could have just traded Watson and easily got 1st and 2nd round picks plus a quality starter and just rebuild for the future. What better way to help out a 1st time HC. Instead their more concerned with winning a battle instead of the War. Texans are mad incompetent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Actually, I brought up Duke Lacrosse to remind everyone that a rush to judgement is often based on a wrong conclusion. Everyone ASSUMED the Duke players were guilty as they were “rich white guys”. Turned out to be a lie, but the players were forever tarnished. The university even started to overreact by stating they were abolishing the Lacrosse team. I was using this not as a direct comparison to the “crime” but as an example that sometimes allegations are either false or exaggerated. I am not making a judgement either way, I am suggesting a wait and see approach to this case as it is too early to judge and we do not know the entire set of facts yet. It does look awfully bad for Watson, but we haven’t heard anything really from his side. As a married man, I get judged on flimsy evidence daily, hate to see it happen to others...

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I have already stated and will one more time that WATSON IS GUILTY OF BEING A MORON. There is no disputing his conduct is at minimum troubling. If not for his overwhelming talent he coupled be compared to Isiah Wilson. That’s how stupid this is. Your attitude seems to be Boys will be Boys.

As your own quote of wrench points out wrench says Buzbee is doing his job very well. That is NOT the same thing as a smear campaign. Wrench is paying Buzbee a compliment on his ability. He is vigorously repenting his clients.

Below is the definition of SMEAR:

damage the reputation of (someone) by false accusations; slander.
    1. "someone was trying to smear her by faking letter

Wrench didn’t use the word smear or even imply it’s meaning in reference to Buzbee and his clients. I think he would agree that if Harden was in Buzbee shoes he would be doing the same thing.

You conveniently leave out this quote from from wrench:

“ As i have said, it looks bad for Watson, really bad. However, the suits are only a week old and they have got a long way to go. Have to try and keep an open mind and see how this plays out”

Why does Wrench think it looks bad, really bad for Watson? Because he understands like I do that while nothing has legally been proven yet and Watson is absolutely entitled to his day/days/weeks in Court there are just elements of this that ring true.

You seem ready to just be ready to just blow it off.

6. Riverman

In the discussion of Watson. My bad. You’re right.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

You can stand by your statement all you want but you are so very very wrong.

Everybody keeps bringing up Duke Lacrosse, Big Ben, Kraft etc. The case closest to this one would be Harvey Weinstein. He is currently serving 23 years in prison and awaiting a second trial in another state. NO MEDICAL EVIDENCE, NONE. It was multiple women who didn’t report the incidents out of fear for their careers.

You are lost in another time Riverman.

8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

The Duke case is a horrible example.... 1 accuser. Just 1. Not as of now 9 and possibly 22 or more women who do not know each other. If this was just 1 I would get the defense.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Riverman

My context from the first post has been the same. No need to keep stating.
    You’ve admitted you’re biased toward the women in this case. Just keep an open mind and trust due process like wrench said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar