Rumor Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Multiple counts of sexual assault are forthcoming

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I agree. Whether he gets found guilty or not is another story. But I think he will get indicted and go to trial. I also think it is very possible Watson never plays another down of football in the NFL.

I would love to hear what @wrench248 has to say about this. He/she truly seems to be the smartest person in the room on this deal. Knows the legal system and the players involved in this even better than I do and that’s saying something. lol

3. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

And there you go again, insinuating that someone that does home massage are really something else.

Massage therapy for the most part is legit treatment for many injuries.

Here in California you can even get it for work Comp claims.

4. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

He may very well be indicted down the road. However, I would imagine Kim Ogg (the District Attorney in Harris County) and the Houston Police Department will want to look at what Buzbee has and conduct their own investigation. I doubt Kim Ogg is going to exclusively rely on anything Buzbee says (Buzbee had his own scandal a few years ago regarding a DWI charge he had that got dismissed by the previous District Attorney, Devon Anderson).

Similar to what I wrote earlier, all that has been filed are pieces of paper that claims Watson did xy and z and seeks damages. Any potential charges could be a long way from now and the civil suit may be resolved by then. If there is a settlement, I would expect a confidentiality agreement. If Watson is charged, it will be a **** show and I feel sorry for whichever district court judge gets assigned the case.

And you're too kind. Just a lawyer who has practiced criminal/civil defense in Harris County for a number of years.

#605 wrench248, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

so you are saying it is their fault? interesting.

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Thank you for the insight. I figured that’s what you would think. I also agree whichever court gets this will hate getting it. I can’t imagine a more theatrical case. There are quite a few newly elected baby judges as well. The only way it would be more dramatic would be if Kelly Siegler was the prosecutor, which she would not be. I do think the HCDAO won’t back away from a prosecution should there be any PC to charge. But it will be a media circus I would imagine.

You don’t think a Grand Jury hears this within 90 days?

7. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Anything is possible but I think given who the potential defendant is, they will take their time. The last thing Ogg needs is for another high profile prosecution to fall apart on her like the trial regarding the Arkema Explosion case (A directed verdict was granted in favor of the Defendants).

8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

That’s very true.

Can you please dispel the in my opinion false opinion by some non legal types that any video or recording that may exist in this case is not admissible in court if it was taken without Watsons permission. I am pretty sure Texas is a one party consent state and as long as one of the parties knows if doesn’t matter if the other does or not in most situations. There are people saying even if a crime were committed by Watson and the woman taped it but without Watsons consent it couldn’t be used in court. I am fairly certain it can be and would be admitted into evidence.

9. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

he said penal.......lol

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar