Rumor Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Can you imagine if the Jets or Miami had traded for him and given up all those picks?

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

hey thanks for your good wishes and prayers. I reassure you I’m doing fine in all aspects of my life, including relationships, personal and professional, across all demographics.

Let’s wait hear what Watson says, if he chooses to say anything. Folks have already tried him in the court of public opinion. Definitely been found guilty there. I doubt we ever hear the truth of any of this. It’s a feeding frenzy now. That’s how a pile on works.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Riverman

As does yours. I understand how these civil suit allegations work.

why the initial six figure offer by the plaintiff’s to settle? Why not just go straight to the district attorney?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

He is guilty. Guilty of a pattern of conduct. He is guilty of being a moron at this point, no way to dispute that. that’s my only point. Guilty of a crime? I don’t know that, I’m not saying that’s been proven. It hasn’t been.

I think it is very possible he has been soliciting sex workers on Instagram and there could be a ton of women out there that did have sex with him and didn’t object. But he tried that with women that did object and he messed up. Even if a sex worker objects, no means no. if they said NO, then no means no.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Sure, my response does say more about me. That’s how bias works. Of course, I haven’t made any presumptions about guilt or innocence or motive, so there’s that.

I don’t know how these civil suits work. Glad you understand it all.

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I don’t think the initial case was criminal. Buzbee decided it was civil.

8. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Many reasons why people go through the civil process first. The burden of proof is lower in a civil case than a criminal case (preponderance vs. beyond a reasonable doubt). In addition, in Texas, the civil and criminal discovery processes are completely different.

To simply put it, in civil cases, the parties engage in reciprocal discovery (i.e. both parties have to turn over documents to each other, potentially submit to depositions, respond to interrogatories and admissions, etc.). In Texas, criminal discovery is, for the most part, the State turning over evidence to the Defendant after they request it, and not vice versa. Using the civil process first could lead to the discovery of evidence to be used in a criminal process (not as likely as the Fifth Amendment still applies in civil cases). Finally, there is a greater potential for receiving monetary damages in a civil case than in a criminal case.

Regardless, while there have been a lot of lawsuits filed, everyone should keep in mind that the process is only in its initial stages and obviously the filings in a petition are designed to make the claims a Petitioner are raising look in the best possible light. It looks potentially bad for Watson right now, but facts may come out that cast doubt on the allegations.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Didn’t you read? He already understands how these civil case allegations work!

But, I thank you for a detailed explaination.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Riverman

Correct. That’s where the money is. That’s my point. And Buzbee didn’t decide- it was the plaintiff with the complaint. She (now they) haven chosen the money route.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar