Rumor Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

They are furious at the management of the team lol between Hopkins, JJ, and now Watson wanting out.

2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Dman is ignoring me I am sure, but I want this on the record.

Watson never plays another inning for the Texans of Houston, period. He is gone. Jets or Carolina

To say Watson has no leverage is tone deaf to today’s pro sports society, Superstars get what they want. It’s bad enough in Houston now, can you imagine if Houston plays too tough with this and Watson sits and then they get nothing for him. They can get a kings ransom for him right now and draft a good prospect not on an enormous cap hit contract. If the Texans don’t trade him and he sits out they will be forced to trade him but have to take much less to dump him. Next season his cap hit is $45 million.

Watson has all the leverage. The fans don’t blame him, they blame Cal. The PR battle is all that matters.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

They absolutely let this get away from them and really the best thing is get a massive haul for him and move on.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Houston needs to trade him for a boatload of picks, not sure if getting Bridgewater or Darnold will make a difference

Get a top QB in the draft and start with him

Jets have the #2...draft Wilson or Fields or if Jax doesn't take Lawrence....Jets have 2 firsts next year as well, I think thats the team I target, plus Watson is good with going there...win win

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

If they get a Bridgewater of Darnold as “throw in” take em and let them help transition.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

As I've been saying, it's the Carson Palmer vs Cincinnati Bengals all over again.

That worked out great for both sides.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

True or trade them for more picks

I can see Bridgewater being part of the deal with #8 but would NYJ include Darnold with the #2, probably not

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don’t think Darnold will be traded. I could be surprised, but I don’t think the Jets jump in on Watson full tilt.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Its tough to tell right now, everyone is keeping their cards close to their chests
    Probably be a draft day trade?

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think a litttle prior to the draft because scouting is already compromised with C-19 restrictions. If Houston pulls the trigger, then they will want as much time to evaluate prospects at those newly acquired slots as possible. But, Houston is being run by Ringling Brothers rejects so who knows what happens. Watson may spend the season in Bermuda.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar