Derrick Morgan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've always liked Morgan, even wanted him before we drafted him. He hasn't had the start I'd hoped, but he's constantly making a difference in plays. If he doesn't make the tackle he's the guy the RB is bending it back to avoid, allowing a LB or CB to step in and make the play.

He's always forcing the QB back inside so Casey and Klug get noticed.

I like Morgan a lot, but he needs to finish plays more for me to say I'm happy with him. I know he can be great.

2. JCBRAVE

Thats the guy we'll forever compare him to, and thats fine cause theyre both top notch DE's.

Morgan is steadily improving, he's now on JPP's level. And don't tell me he's not. While Morgan improves, JPP is missing in action. I haven't seen him make a play on TV in over 7 weeks.

This is exactly what we need from Morgan too. If not for that knee injury maybe he'd be further along in year 3, but I like where he's heading.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

He's better the Branden Graham who was taken 3 pick before him. Does that count for anything?

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. JCBRAVE

Yea, it should.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well of course he is he took his first two seasons off getting healthy.

dude 'played' 4 games as a rookie, took 2011 off (hakuna matata) and took off the first chunk of 2012. Started playing decent once the season was lost.

Morgan is a heartless loser

6. JCBRAVE

This is for you GoT
    hakuna.png

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree with JC. Morgan has impressed me this year and I know it's not good to measure by sacks, but I do wish he'd finish off more of those plays

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

As long as the cardinals feel better about leinart because VY sucked.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Morgan was never going to be a 11+ sack guy annually. All you had to do was watch him play in college and you could see that. He's not going to beat anyone with quickness. He's a stack-and-shed defensive lineman and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's just not as eye opening as a guy like Jevon Kearse or Demarcus Ware. He'll probably top out at around eight sacks a year and 70 tackles, but that's just what he is.

He's had a good year and improved steadily throughout the season.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have not really been impressed with anyone on the line this year, outside of Klug and he barely saw the field.

Morgan and Wimbley just seem to be luke-warm and cold. The DTs, all we do is hear about how good they are going to be. This whole line, in all aspects, has been a major disappointment this season and I do not think a single one of them should think they are not in danger of coming back next year.

Outside of Martin, and that is only because we haven't seen much of him yet, I would not be upset if all of our starters were replaced. Defensive problems start up front and we had the worst defense in franchise history......

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar