Derrick Morgan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Both Coach Mike Munchak and Derrick Morgan downplayed words between Morgan and defensive tackle Shaun Smith after Smith's facemask penalty in Sunday's 17-14 win over Denver.

But the usually loquacious Smith had very little to say about the incident, where a TitansRadio's sideline report indicated that Munchak had to step in between the two linemen. There was no pushing or shoving, according to Morgan, just words exchanged.

“Nothing really. It's football. Emotions are high. Sometimes things happen like that,” Morgan said. “But it's not a big deal. Everybody was saying to guys to be smart. The same thing goes for me. I lined up offsides. We were just trying to be smart because we were in critical situations.”

After the incident, Smith did not go back into the game, although Morgan did, and came up with a big fourth-down stop from the 1-yard line to stifle a Broncos drive.

“I don't know. I don't know. Ask him,” said Smith about the matter with Morgan.

Asked if the altercation was just the emotions of the game, Smith said, “I guess, I don't know. I don't got no comment, man.”

On being benched, Smith said, “Take that up with the head coach. I don't know.”

“To be honest, I wasn't even aware that he didn't go back in,” Munchak said. “Sometimes, it just depends on what they're doing out there, if they're throwing the ball, which they were. But I think we just need to move forward.”

Munchak said he did not want the situation to escalate.

"I knew it was an emotional game," Munchak said. "Jerry (Gray) talked to them, and I talked to them. It's just one of those things that happens. I just didn't want it to get out of hand.."

One source indicated to TitanInsider that Smith left the sideline immediately after the game, rather than going to mid-field with his teammates to shake hands with the Broncos players.

Smith, who came to the Titans, has had a history of wearing out welcomes, most notably a weightroom fight with Brady Quinn, when both were with the Browns, that eventually led to his release there.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't disagree. I've known him and one of the guys that works with his agent as acquaintances since before he was a Titan. He definitely isn't intrinsically motivated.

...but all that aside, if Jones makes it to free agency, I can't see him coming back here.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You believe he starts for them? Don't you know? Then don't post stupid crap.

Johnson appeared in 14 games for the colts last year and started 2 of them. He is an average guy, big deal.

He was cut here because he underachieved. Washburn probably made that call. Like a lot of players he needed to be cut by a team before he became motivated enough to be a player.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What in the hell are you talking about? Players become free agents so they can have 32 potential suitors competing for their services and as a result make a lot more money. Who gives a f*ck about market size?

I'm sure playing his college ball in Ypsilanti Michigan made Jason Jones yearn for the big time. :sad2:

This is a guy who has been a good player but he has never made a pro bowl and he gets hurt a lot. He really isn't suitable for a 3-4 defense unless some team wants to try him at OLB. What makes him in your eyes too good for Nashville Tn. and this team?

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Maybe you should have done some research...before hating on mine....

He's made 2 starts out of 3 games this year boss. Don't you know that?

Go to a 'Bama forum.

I didn't claim he was a stud or an answer to the hole of AH...but we kept him on the PS for a reason instead of flat out cutting him.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh I see what you meant. I thought the fish was Fisher, didn't realize you meant the Dolphins.

BTW; Dolphins aren't fish.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's like he's never seen Ace Ventura

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

2 out of 3 for those impressive colts? Okay cool, the numbers from last year still back up RT's post. A lot of players are cut by a team and then decide to pick it up and become better players, it's not just the Titans. Washburn is one of the best DL coaches in the game, even he thought Johnson shouldn't be on the team.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

RollTide's post is mute. If he had done his research he would have seen that he is starting for them this year. I stated I believed he was starting for them...that doesn't say he started for them last year...

It wasn't a big point that I was trying to make (just that we could have had another DT developed)...so I really didn't care if I was totally 100% correct and went ahead and saved time (didn't double check) and said he was their starter...because I already knew he was.

RT tickytacked my post. If I had stated that he was their starter last year...then yeah go ahead and blow me up like RT did (or tried to).

I agree that some players need to be cut from a team before they can maximize their potential, but at the same time some players just need playing time to realize what they are doing isn't cutting it.

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Lol and you fail to realize big markets pay big bucks.

Who gives a f*ck? Umm, Haynesworth, Odom, Babin etc...

1. I never said he thinks he's too good for TN. (you're notorious for putting words in people's mouths)

2. Think thrice before you write.

3. Have some sex, maybe then you won't be so angry all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar