Derrick Morgan’s comment about Mularkey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MariGOATa, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Nope. I believe its all Uncle Dick - I dont even think Mularkey even gets involved with defense at all.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The speed of the game dictates you can't even give a half second on these bang bang plays. Have to be executed with precision. If the pass to Decker had been a half second late it's incomplete or picked.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I understand that except in this case, the necessity for timing was to catch the defense sleeping on a gimmick. There were only a couple defenders trying to run out that way to cover the screen. He had 3 guys in front of him and he cut inside those 3 blockers vice cutting outside.
    Aside from Spain moving, had he cut to the outside, he probably still would have scored. I think on that particular throw, even though it wasn't good, it really didn't hurt the play.

Side note, it does seem Mariota is off target on a lot of these quick screen passes. The screen play to Decker where he lost a couple yards, was way high and this play was way low.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar