Derrick Morgan’s comment about Mularkey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MariGOATa, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Brady ain't Bortles.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

still dont wrap up enough for me but they are tackling better than anytime since forever

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

WR got tackled because he had to waste time picking the ball off the floor.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Bad execution by Mariota on that play. They should have just tried to ram Henry in or have Marcus run a boot.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

They tried the last option on the second try

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Looked to me like the throw was irrelevant. Ya, it should have been better, but I think if anyone was to blame (outside of the illegal motion and the play call itself) it's the WR for running inside the blockers, vice outside.

7. HurrayTitans!

The second try was a terrible play action/roll out, not bootleg run by Mariota.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

9. HurrayTitans!

Not really. A bootleg is a designed play for the QB to leave the pocket to one direction. A rollout is undesigned QB leaving the pocket.

On that particular play, it was play action (although I don't think Henry was even close) and he was chased to his right/straight back.
    It was an ugly play all around, not sure what the design was supposed to be since there was zero time for Mariota to do anything.

Not the point really anyway. So many different "normal" type plays were working, why get cute? Mularkey does this crap way too often.

I didn't like the timing of the Decker screen pass either. Those plays can be total drive killers.

10. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

Is that also true of the defense? It’s mularkeys def DLB is just calling it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar