Derrick Henry Plays Of 50 Yards Or Longer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Henry isn’t done yet and he will easily be in HOF once he retires. You also have to take into account how the game has changed. Lower your head now and hit someone with your helmet as you try to run through them and it cost you 15 yards.

Also, like the old adage in boxing where styles makes fights. I like Henry’s style of just tossing defenders out of the way like rag dolls. Plus, why take the contact of a full steam run into a defender when you can throw them aside and keep and trucking. Sapp just trying to stir up some clicks.

#21 Titansman1, Jan 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

And this may be one of the dumbest rules in football.
    Bright side is it doesn’t get called often. Per the article below, only 4 were called in game but 229 were after review of the games, half of those rescinded with appeal. (Article is before 2023 season).
    But Sapp never addresses that this “rule” exists which should in theory eliminate power runners entirely.

NFL rolls out more revisions to the lowering the helmet rule

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they have martin above EG

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Henry is not and has never been a “power runner”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a huge freakish athlete. It is absolutely amazing to me that people can watch him run and come away with, “man, he just runs over people.” If that were the case, why is his stiff arm so lethal and why does he use it so often? It’s because he can use it to outrun pursuit. He is most effective on wide zone runs or when a crease opens inside. He does not run people over. Gah!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Man I have this same conversation all the time. Once Henry gets up to speed people dont stand in front of him. He can deflect them off while running 20 mph.. He has always been AWFUL at getting through the LoS. If he is touched at the line he just falls down. I know he has huge yards after contact numbers, but that is because he gets touched 3 or 4 yards behind the LoS and gets away. When he is just running up the middle, he HAS to have a hole to get through the line, then he is off to the races.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

100%.
    It’s amazing that he’s more of a speed back with the strength he has to chuck people to wherever the nearest stadium is.

more of the same regarding the incorrect general statements from the “major” sports networks that clearly don’t watch the titans.
    I think He run has some power and can run some people over, but that’s definitely not his style.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

EG used to finish runs by dropping his shoulder into the LBs chest cause EG was a power back

DH22 is a giant finesse back, with some power

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Totally agree....DH is a phenomenal player, and very likely a HOF back in his future. However, if it is 3rd and 2, and I had my choice of Eddie in his prime vs. DH in his prime I would choose Eddie all day.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Feel the same way, but who has the ability to take that play blocked for 3rd and 2 to the house? That’s why Henry is a freak.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yep...that is correct. However, moving the chains the majority of the time is better than hitting a home run occasionally while taking 2 yard losses alot of the other times IMO...that is why I would take Eddie any day in those situations.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar