Derrick Henry MVP

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Not only this, but apparently he has never even polled a vote.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Russell Wilson probably doesn't care... winning>>>>>>>mvp

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Either Henry Wins it, or he doesn't ... sounds like 50% to me! Lol

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If and a big if Henry get 2000 yards rushing, I think it is really hard for him not to win it! Only 7 times in NFL history it has happened.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Isaiah Wilson right there in the mix at 50/50 %

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

And how many of them won it? CJ2K didnt

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

CJ didn't win it, but our team wasn't very good that year and CJ wasn't necessarily a "house hold" name at that point (small school guy, only 2nd year in the league). And right or wrong, I think that does matter in the MVP race.

AP did win it with a 2000 yard season a couple years later, but AP already had the pedigree by that time. People already knew AP was great so it wasn't a stretch for voters to vote him as MVP.

Henry is coming in with a pedigree. Heisman winner at Bama, potentially back to back NFL rushing titles, and everyone watched him destroy Pats and Ravens in the playoffs last year. Plus we are doing good this year as a team ...I think it wouldn't be as tough of a sell for voters to vote Henry now as it was for CJ then.

That being said, I highly doubt he gets 2000 and in that case it will go Mahomes

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

A December to remember certainly could get him heavily into the mvp discussion....some media folks have already mentioned it which is important...the hype train has to build momentum and it starts today with a game that a majority of the country will get to watch by looking at the CBS coverage map...go 150 and 2 TDs then it will be on...

other part for Henry to win mvp is that Wilson, Rodgers and Mahomes each need to continue playing well to possibly divide up the votes....

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It would be tough to give it to Henry based off stats when Mahomes and Rodgers are having the 2 greatest statistics seasons at QB ever.

10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Man... you're right. We went 8-8 and missed the playoffs CJ2Ks big year. In my head he did it in 2008 when we went 13-3 and got upset by the ravens in the playoffs. But that was his rookie year. That was such a good team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar