Derrick Henry Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Antonio Andrew's could've done that.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Make Lewan take a pay cut to pay Henry.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

This is true. As I look back at Henry's injury history I'm warming to the idea of signing him to a big deal, I just hope it's not something crazy like 16M+ per. There is truth to the argument that RBs tend to decline after the big payday, and that they almost all decline around 29-30. Henry just turned 26 and has almost no injury history even though hes touched the ball 1480 times since 2013. I'm changing my tune a bit and would happily sign him to a 4 year 13-14M deal that gives the team an out after year 3.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  4. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Good stuff from Henry.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Just put $15 to win $750 that Derrick Henry is the super bowl MVP. LETS GO

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Bfanlc

Bfanlc Practice Squad

Good luck

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I get the point you're trying to make. That said, how has paying an RB worked out for teams recently? Cowboys? Rams? Jets? Seeing a trend? Tying big bucks up to an RB doesn't guarantee success.

I do think theHenry situation is unique. The lack of touches early, paired with his unique size and strength, means he still has lots of tread on the tires. But that doesn't mean I can't be hesitant giving him $15M in a season where we'll also be handing out a $25-30M contract to Tannehill. Let's not forget what Tannehill and Conklin will be asking for.

I don't want to see any of these guys walk. But our widow is finally open, and JR needs to work with the cap to keep it open as long as possible.

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Good signing bonus and backloaded contracts. Along with replacing older players in the draft should keep everything going fine. We obviously cant keep ryan, henry, conk and tanny. But if we cut old relatively dead weight we should be able to stay under the ever expandong cap.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Again, the example of the Cowboys and Zeke is fallible. The problem with Dallas isn't the RB, it's the staff not utilizing him properly.

Rams have all sorts of problems outside Gurley.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar