Derek Carr

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by VOLS_n_TITANS, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I wouldn't be opposed to taking him at 11. I think he's gotta chance with a guy like Wiz teaching him. I really don't understand the hate. From what I see, he stands strong in the pocket, he knows how to read a defense, he can make all the throws, he's a leader...overall he's a very intriguing prospect to me. He's not as flashy as the other top guys, but he is a true pro style qb, and I think Wiz can work with him and they could do something special together. I mean this is the kind of guy Wiz wants, Wiz has only succeeded with pocket passers. His offense is designed to cater to a guy like this. IDK how well a playmaking/running QB will fit into his system.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to us taking this guy at all. If Wiz thinks he's right for us, then by all means.

I feel extremely confident in the combination of Wiz and Webster(with no Bud getting in the way anymore). I think the sky is the limit for us right now.

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

What are you getting at? First of all, David Carr didn't suck. He was the 1st draft pick of an expansion team in which he was thrown in the fire pit immediately with no time to learn...of coarse he wasn't successful. Secondly, Derek Carr had a much better career in college than David. Look at the stats. And where do you get off with the younger brothers aren't usually better bs...that's just dumb. I understand it's easy to look at his name and be like, "well that guy is going to suck", but I assure you these coaches aren't saying that at all. Watch his tape. He's a legit prospect.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Stands strong in the pocket? He doesn't like the rush around him from my eyes. He gets skiddish. Much like his brother.

Anytime he gets interrupted he tried to overcome a backfooted throw by using his arm strength instead of working the pocket.

Pro style? If Behind the line of scrimmage to 5 yards is pro style....

I'll find the break down graph of where each of the "top" qbs throw tomorrow and post it for you. It's not pretty for Carr.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

So it's his fault that he's good at reading a defense so he knows when to throw a screen and when to check it off and throw it deep? MAN! you hate this guy don't you? I don't get it at all brother.

5. Clark

The system and his pocket presence bug me. Great arm. Bum feet. Not even taking lineage into account I don't like him. Adding his brother into the mix isn't fair but if you do it's not a positive thing lol

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

He stands strong until the rush gets there, which doesn't usually happen because he gets the ball out of his hands so fast(Wiz's offense). Yeah, it looks ugly when he does get pressured, but again...it doesn't happen often. Plus, that can easily be worked on.

7. Clark

And actually I'm not a big fan of any of the too qb outside of bridgewater. All the others have a 2nd or later grade to me.

I'm not taking into account "upside" on bortles because I see a prospect that's a year out from tapping any pro potential.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

IDK man...juries still up in the air. The only sure thing at QB this year is Bridgewater IMO. I like Manziel, like Bortles, like Carr, like Murray...but they all have some huge question marks.

9. Clark

When he does his one step fast balls... Sure, dude looks good. But that doesn't account for a pro style. Whenever he does his drops it makes a big difference in his ability from the pocket.

If the offensive coordinator says "I can make it fit" - okay. But there's obvious weak areas.

Weak areas IMO demote him out of the top ten. Hell out of the first round. I wouldn't be against swinging in the second. Because then your arnt tied to him.

10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

I would take Murray in Rd. 2 or Jimmy Garoppolo in Rd. 4.
    Thinking about it....Garoppolo in Rd. 4 would be ideal. I believe he would fit Whiz's system nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar